Seventeen

Charley had finally been discharged from hospital. She sat in the living room as she settled Esmè. She looked up as Jack walked in. She smiled and looked at him. "Do you want to tell me what's going on? You've been off for a while now," she said.

Jack looked at her and sighed. "I told Allie. I told her the truth and now she won't talk to me," Jack said. Charley frowned and looked at her. "I told her that I was her father. And now she won't talk to me at all."

Charley smiled and nodded. "It's Allie. She's been through a lot. She'll need some time. Jack. It's been nineteen years. And she's known you as her uncle. It'll take time. It will take time if she ever does accept you as her father," she told him as Jack nodded.

Charley knew she felt torn between Jack and her best friend.

****

Charley was walking through the square with Esmè. She saw Allie. She was sitting at the park. Charley walked over and sat next to her. She smiled. "Are you okay?" Charley asked.

Allie smiled and looked at her. "I've been better. Peter left me. It's all too much to for him. He's in love with my sister. And my uncle is my father. So it's clear my head is a mess. And I'm seven months pregnant and alone," Allie said.

Charley looked at her and sighed as she took her hand. "You're not alone. You have me. And you're going to be a great mum. I know that you are," Charley said as Allie looked at her and smiled. "Besides. If Jack and I get married, that makes me your stepmother."

Allie shot a glare at her. Charley grinned. "Too soon?" She asked.

Allie nodded and sighed. "What do you think?"

Charley laughed and nodded "Jack is a mess. He never wanted to fall out with you over this. Talk to him. What have you got to lose other than the answers that you want. Talk to him. Please babes," Charley said as Allie nodded.

****

Charley got back home and smiled as she saw Jack. He was in the kitchen. She walked over to him and kissed him. "So I talked to Allie. She's going to talk to you," she said.

Jack looked at her and smirked. "Well. In that case, I owe you one."

Charley smirked and nodded. "Esmè is asleep," she said as Jack looked at her and smirked.

He pulled her close and lifted her up onto the kitchen bench. He leant in and kissed her. The kiss got more passionate as her hands went to her belt.

Jack looked at her and smiled. "I thought you had stitches."

"I can cope," Charley said as he smirked. Charley pulled him close and kissed him.

Charley smirked as he pulled her close and pushed into her causing her to moan out loud. He started to move in and out of her at a pace they both wanted.

But could Charley and Jack make it work with them when it was all going to fall apart because of Allie?