Twenty

Charley sat in bed with Esmè and smiled. She was trying to get in contact with Jack and she hated it. He had been awol. And she had no idea where he was.

Charley knew how she and Jack had been distant. She knew how they had been fighting a lot and she hated it.

Charley looked to Esmè and smiled as she started to change her. She smiled as she settled her off to sleep.

Charley knew that things had been tense with her and Jack since the whole Allie thing. She knew that she just wanted her relationship to be okay. She knew she wanted to make it work.

Charley lay back in bed. She sighed as she placed a hand on her head and sighed.

Charley knew how messy that her relationship was. She wanted to make it work. She knew she hated it.

Charley knew that she wanted to fix how messy that her relationship was. She just wanted to make sure that she and jack were okay.

She frowned as she heard a knock at the door. She stood up and answered it as she saw Jack. She looked to him and frowned. "Where have you been?" She asked.

Jack looked to her and sighed. "I was at the club. And I lost track of time and feel asleep. I'm sorry," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

She didn't know what to think about it all. She felt as if he was keeping something from her.

****

Charley smiled as she got to the cafe. She saw Allie who looked to her and smiled. "You look tired. Are you okay?" Allie asked.

Charley looked to her. She sighed and smiled. "I don't know. Things  are going weird with me and Jack. I don't know what is going on. He is keeping something from me and I hate it. I just can't help but worry about it all."

Allie smiled. "I know it's hard. I do. But I am here for you. Besides, you and Jack are good together. And I know it's hard. But you just had Esmè.  You can make it work," Allie told her with a smile on her face. 

Charley looked to her. She smiled. "I hope so. It's just a mess. I love him. And obviously I love Esmè. I just want to make it work," she said.

"I get that. But it will be okay," Allie said as Charley smiled.

Hoping that she was right. 

****

Charley got back to the house. She saw Jack. She looked to him and sighed.  "What exactly is going on with you? And don't tell me it's nothing. I know that it is nothing. I know you," Charley said. 

Jack looked to her and sighed.  "I'm so sorry Charley. I love you. I made a mistake," he said. 

Charley frowned.  "What did you do?" She asked as she looked to him with tears in her eyes.

"I slept with someone else," he said as she looked to him and frowned. She felt her heart break completely.