Twenty one

Charley hadn't spoken to Jack since he had told her how he had slept with someone else. She felt sick and hurt. 

She couldn't believe that he had cheated on her after all they had been through. She was hurt.

Charley sat in bed with Esmè and smiled. She knew that Esmè was the only reason that she was still there. Charley knew it was a mess and she hated it.

Charley walked downstairs as she saw Jack. The two of them held a look. "Can we talk?" He asked. 

Charley looked to him and sighed. "What do you want to talk about Jack? That we had the perfect family. And you ruined it by getting your dick wet in someone else. I'm not saying here. I am going to move back in with my dad. I can't be around you and none of this is easy. None of it is fair on Esmè."

Jack looked to her and sighed. He knew what he had done.  He knew how he messed up. How it meant nothing to him and now he knew how he had messed up.

"Please don't do this Charley. We can work it out," he told her. 

Charley looked to him and frowned. "Work it out? How? How can we do that when I can't trust you. I hope she was worth it. Whoever it is that you shagged," she spat.

She could feel the tears roll down her face. She was so hurt and angry. She couldn't believe what he had done.

****

Charley got to Allie's. She smiled as she looked ti her best friend. Allie saw the look on her face. "Are you okay?" She asked. 

Charley shock her head. "No. Your dad...uncle...whatever you wanna call him cheated on me. I'm moving back into my dads later. He cheats. And yet I have to move out. He said it was a one off. But I just can't believe he'd do this," she sobbed. 

Allie pulled her into a hug and smiled.  "I know. I know it's hard. But I'm here. You can stay with me. I mean it's me and Mia. I know how it's crowded with your dad. Now he has kat and her kids with him," Allie said. 

Charley smiled. "I'd like that. I can't have my dad asking questions. He will kill Jack.  I don't even want to talk about it. I just can't believe he'd do this to me."

****

Charley sat in the house. She had just finished packing all of the stuff. Jack looked to her. "Please don't do this," he said.

She smiled. "I'm sorry. I have too."

Jack nodded.  "I am sorry. I wanted to be honest. I never meant for any of this," he said. 

"But it happened Jack. You can see Esmè at the weekend. I'm not going to take her away from you," Charley said as he nodded.

Charley knew that leaving Jack was one of the hardest things she had to do.

But could she cope with it? And would she find out just how he had slept with?

Unaware the person was closer than she realised.