Nineteen

Things had been tense with Jack and Charley ever since Allie had began to keep her distance and she hated it. Charley knew that she didn't want to loose what she had with Jack.

She knew that they had just had a baby together. And she hated it. Charley hated how things were. But she knew that she was trying for Esmè sake. And she hated it.

Charley looked as jack walked into the room and sighed as she looked to him. "So have you spoken to Allie?" She asked. 

Jack looked to her and sighed. "No," he said. 

Charley sighed. "She is your daughter. She has been lied to about it for years. And it sucks. She's going through hell. I just had a baby and she is pregnant too. She is scared and confused and you can't even talk to her about it. She needs to know why you lied. And if you can't do that, I don't even know what sort of future that we have," Charley said. 

Jack looked to her and frowned. "You would really end it over all of this?" he asked

Charley looked to him and nodded. "Yeah. I would. It's for the best," Charley said as she stood up and walked out of the flat.

****

Charley walked through the square with Esmè and smiled. She was trying to get her back off to sleep.

She saw Allie and frowned. "Allie please. I know that things are complicated. But please don't run away from me," Charley said.

Allie turned to face her and sighed. "I don't know what to say Charley. I don't know how to play nice and make small talk when you are shacking up to daddy dearest. It's not easy you know," Allie told her. 

Charley nodded. "I do. I know its complicated. But it doesn't change that you are my best friend. And that I love you. Now Peter is gone and how you are having a baby. Please. We don't need to talk about him. I just want our friendship to survive. I just want us to be okay. Let's go for a coffee and talk. I'll buy. Please?" Charley said as Allie looked to her and sighed.

Allie knew that Charley wasn't the one that she was mad at about all of this mess. And she knew that she didn't want to loose her. "Okay and you can buy cake. The baby wants it," Allie said. 

Charley looked to her and smiled. "Deal. Come on," Charley said as they walked to the cafe.

****

Charley got home and sighed. She knew that Jack was off.

She picked up and left him a voicemail and sighed. " Jack it's me. I'm sorry for what I said. I love you. I don't want to lose you. I want for us to try and make this relationship work. It means so much to me. Look come home so that we can talk," Charley said as she left him a voicemail and sighed.

Charley wanted to fix things. She had no idea that as she was prepared to make an effort, how he was busy sleeping with someone else.