Four

Charley and Jack had been getting closer. Everyone could see it but they knew Phil didn't see it. Ben had encouraged his sister to make a move on Jack to help him get over Ronnie.

When morning came, Charley woke in bed next to Max. She knew she needed to try and stay away from him. Max began to kiss her neck.

Charley pulled away. "Look. I've loved what we've had but I just can't do this anymore. I can't keep ending up in bed with you. It doesn't mean anything. It's just sex," she said.

Max scoffed. "You always come back."

"Not anymore. There's someone else I want," Charley said as she got out of bed.

***
Charley walked back home. Phil was up and waiting for her. "Where were you?" He asked.

"Oh! I stayed with Becky from college," she lied. She knew if Phil found out she was having sex, then he would kick off.

Phil nodded. He wasn't too happy about Charley staying out but he knew there was nothing he could do. She was eighteen.

***
Charley went to meet with Allie. The two of them were heading into town. Charley was feeling sick. Allie smirked. "So, I've seen you and my uncle looking cosy."

Charley looked at her best friend. She saw the smirk on her face. "Don't."

"Hey! It's okay. He needs someone to help take his mind off Ronnie and it's not like he's a stranger with your family. Your two cousins and your aunty," Allie said.

Charley groaned. "I hate you."

***
While the two girls were in town, Charley decided to buy some new clothes. Allie grinned. "Make sure you buy something to seduce my uncle in," she said.

Charley groaned. "You're a bitch. But I love you."

Allie laughed and threw a black lace set at her. "He won't keep his hands off you in that."

Charley rolled her eyes. "You're an arsehole."

***
Jack was walking back home. Max walked over to him. "Women eh? Who'd have them."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Who's dumped you now?" He asked.

"Charley Mitchell. Was having a thing with her. Wanted to make things serious but she dumped me," Max said.

Jack was shocked. He looked at Max. "You and Charley?" He asked.

"Yeah. It was just sex. But now, I want more. I don't care that she's Phil Mitchell's daughter. I want her," Max said.

***
Charley and Allie went back to the square. Charley walked over to Jack. "Hey. So, we could go for a drink tonight?" She asked. She was finally going to give things a go between them.

Jack looked at her. "What about Max?"

"What Max and I had is over and done with. I don't want him. Not when I...I want you," Charley told him.

Jack smirked. "I want you too."

Charley walked over to Jack and kissed him. He kissed back and pulled her against him. "For now, we keep this quiet."

Charley agreed. But how long until someone found out?