Fourteen

Jack woke to Charley not in bed. He walked downstairs to see her sitting on the sofa. She was crying. "What's up?" He asked.

"I-I think I'm going into labour," she mumbled.

Jack frowned. "It's too soon. You can't be due yet."

"I'm not. But it really bloody hurts."

***
Jack got Charley to the hospital. She was checked out right away. The nurse smiled after they had been waiting for quite a while. "Braxton hicks. False contractions. Little lady is safe and snug in there for now."

Charley sighed in relief. She rubbed her bump. "Can tell she's got Mitchell in her. Causing trouble from the womb," she mumbled.

Jack smirked and kissed her. "You should be careful though Miss Mitchell. From what I can tell, your daughter is sitting rather low. It is highly likely you won't carry to full term."

Charley nodded. Jack helped her off the bed and smiled. "Come on. You're on bed rest for the rest of today."

***
The two of them arrived back at the house. Allie was waiting. "No baby for me today?"

"Not today. She is on bed rest for the rest of today. I ain't taking no chances," Jack said as he helped Charley inside.

Allie smirked. "Yeah right. Uncle Jack, you just wanna get her into bed."

Charley grinned and winked. "I wouldn't complain," she joked.

***
Charley was getting bored on bed rest. She climbed out of the bed and went to the baby's room. She didn't know if she wanted to name the baby Ava.

She saw some drawers and decided to go through them to make room for the baby clothes. She opened the top drawer and groaned at all the man products. "No wonder you smell so good," she mumbled.

After some time sorting out the drawers, Charley found a folder. She frowned as she opened it. A letter fell out. Charley glanced over it and paled.

She looked again and saw a birth certificate;

Name of Child; Allie Branning
Date of Birth; 15/08/1997
Mothers Name; Tanya Branning
Fathers Name; Jack Branning

Charley couldn't believe it. She had no words. Jack walked in. "Thought I told you? Bed rest."

"When were you going to tell me?" She asked as she stood up. She saw the look on his face. "When were you going to tell me that you're Allie's dad?"

Jack paled. He hadn't ever planned on Charley finding out. Tanya was happy pretending that Max was Allie's father. He sighed. "It happened once. 9 months before Allie was born. Max had pissed Tanya off and she came to me. It was only once. We agreed that Max would raise her as his own. He doesn't know."

Charley couldn't believe it. "You know what this means, our daughter is Allie's sister. This is confusing as hell."

Jack sighed. "I know I should have told you. But I didn't want to upset anyone."

"Allie needs to know Jack. She really does."

Jack nodded. But he knew telling the truth would only make things a lot worse.