Chapter 16

Jennie's POV

I keep on fiddling my fingers on my phone while getting off from the van. I begged to our manager to send me straight to a cafe near our dorm as soon as we arrive in Korea. She was confused as hell why? But I cannot tell her.

Good thing my members covered me up, telling my manager that I'll be meeting a colleague from College. She was not convinced at first but she let me off the hook.

Why am I nervous? My legs are trembling. As soon as the van halted at the front of the cafe, I fix my mask. I was about to go out when our manager held my arm to stop me.

"Make sure to be very careful Jennie we cannot afford another scandal right now." She said. I nodded at her and hop off the van.

When I entered the cafe, my phone vibrated. It was a message from Taehyung.

[At the corner] - Him

I look around the cafe and there he is sitting, his hair is disheveled, and his face is bare under his mask.

As I walk near him my heart can't stop from hammering in my chest. My hands are cold, and at any moment I know I'll probably collapse in front of him.

I bowed at him, while he just look at me. He motioned me to sit in front of him which I did.

"How have you been?" He asked.

I cleared my throat before answering, "I am fine. The tour went well." He nodded at me. A waiter went near us to get our orders, I stayed silent. I can't risk it when this waiter will realize who we are. It would be a trend worldwide if they'll know that me and him is seeing one another.

After the waiter got our orders he bowed at us and walked away.

"I called you out to apologize." He mumbled which gather my attention. "I've been thinking about the possible things that will happen between the two of us, and I reflected my mistakes about what had happened the last time."

Is he gonna give up now?

"Tae.." I called out.

"I want to apologize for being inconsiderate. But Jennie no matter how many times I think about it, all I want is for your Mom to know the real deal between us. I don't want to hide from her." He said with a fast pace. He close his eyes afraid that I will burst out to him, while my eyes are wide. Shocked to what he is referring to.

I thought he was mad? I thought it will be over?

He slowly peak at me, slowly opening his eyes. He let out a sigh. "I am sorry for not calling you, I thought you don't want to talk to me so I just waited for you to call."

I haven't got the guts to talk to him since I feel so pressured, worried and embarrassed. All he ever thought about is my image, my career, and even myself.

I nagged him, I scolded and insulted him months ago. And all those things I did were nothing for him because he thought I just got carried away with my feelings which is true.

I wanna asked how he is doing, if he's busy, if he's happy, if he's sad, worried, and if ever he feel so excited to all his upcoming activities but I stopped myself because I thought he is avoiding me.

All those times, all those wasted tries are nothing! We thought of the same thing! We waited but answered with nothing.

We expected but nothing happened.

Flashback...
"You should have ask me if it's okay to tell my mom right away. You just told me that you'll tell her, I agreed, yes, but I didn't say tonight!" I didn't help but shout at him.

"I'm sorry, I know I did something bad." he was pleading but I didn't listen to his pleas, I wanna shrugged it off but knowing my mom, she won't let us off the hook.

I'm afraid dad will get involve with this.

I do appreciate his confidence, but I can't hide how anxious I am when it comes with this topic!

"Don't you ever decide things by your own, not again Taehyung!"

"I'm sorry." he keeps on apologising while I keep on shaking my head, it's too late for that.

"You're always rushing things, you want it to be with your own pace. I don't need you to tell everybody what's our deal!" I walked out after telling that. Yes I'm a brat. I know.

I didn't went out from my room after, I think so hard of what I just did. I shouldn't have said that.

He must be so hurt right now. He must have felt so guilty. I'm marching back and forth around my room deciding if I should come out or not. It has been an hour and a half.

I exhaled as I slowly twisted the knob of my door, hoping that the boys are still here. But all I ever saw was my members. They were cleaning our living room. Jisoo unnie just passed by me when I steeped out from my room, I know she's mad to what I acted earlier, who wouldn't?

I shouted at him.

"Umm..."

"They left unnie. They said Merry Christmas. They will be back next year." Lisa said even though I haven't asked yet.

"You've crossed the line unnie, oppa was frustrated to himself but he still act like nothing happen." Chae said. Lisa nodded at her, agreeing.

"I know. Didn't he look for me?" I was hoping at least he wants to bid goodbye.

"He was, but he didn't say it. When they were about to leave he halted in front of your door, maybe he wants to knock on your door but he stopped himself." now it was Jisoo unnie who answered me.

Now I feel so angry to myself. I want someone to slap me. I didn't realize I would regret this much. I should have thought first about my actions before I said those harsh words.

Now I need to wait for him to come back to say my sorry, I need to wait for him to see him again.