Chapter 1

Taehyung's POV

Year 2016 - Asia Artist Awards

"I heard that the new YG girl group artist will be performing later." Not a question, out of the blue Hobi hyung said. We are here in our dressing room and I'm getting my makeup done. After few years of training and that confession I decided to go home in Seoul and just pursue my dream to be an idol.

"What's their group name again?" Jungkook asked while standing up from his seat.

"BLACKPINK." Hobi hyung answered.

That Blackpink group caught my attention when they debuted. But I never searched them in SNS. Unfortunately we crossed our paths on one of the award shows last time. They were promoting their mini album Square One. And I will never forget that moment.

I saw her again.

The girl whom I treasured the most was performing on stage. She was the same girl who I knew. But the different thing was her cold and fierce face. She wasn't like that.

"V your makeup is done already." My makeup artist informed me. I bowed my head to her as I thanked. Then the door of our dressing room opened.

"Guys, you should go now, the show is starting." One of the staff said.

"Okay. Come on now. Hands in!" Rapmon hyung then lend his hand for our chant or cheer. We followed.

"Bangtan! Bangtan! Ba! Bangtan!" Let's go!" As we cheered all of us have this big smile on our faces. For years of living in one house, we actually learned how to go along with one another. Though we all have different personalities but without one member we are nothing.

We went our way to our seat, and guess what? They are performing. She is performing. She has this cold aura once again. I can't keep my eyes from her and she did the same. Ever since we crossed paths the last time, we haven't talk. We just greeted one another with blank expression.

Her eyes was still on me as the music diverts to Playing With Fire.

I bowed my head because I can't take it anymore. Everytime I see that glint of her eyes it brings me back to what happen 6 years ago.

Minutes passed. The host was announcing for the Best New Female Artist and as the host read the card on his hand, I was taking a glimpse to where they're sitting. Unexpectedly our eyes met. She was taken aback and I was also. But I didn't take my eyes away from her when I saw that sadness and longing in her eyes. She seems like she was about to cry.

"2016 Asia Artist Awards, Best New Female Artist is BLACKPINK! Congratulations!" And a sudden smile plastered on my face when I heard their group's name. My members stood up as they cheered for their achievement.

They bowed at us as she went to the stage. Her eyes became moist, and I know that she's on her verge of crying. She bowed her head as her member I think it's Jisoo gave their speech. Her other members became emotional as well.

I got what they feel. And I'm proud of them, I'm proud of her. They worked hard for it. Even though she did a mistake to me before I still can't deny the fact that I'm actually happy for what she's achieved.

I know how hard it was for them to reached this far. It took us 2 years to win first place in an award show. I understand how they felt.

After their speech, they went down from the stage and head backstage. I excused myself from my members and went backstage as well.

Why am I doing this? Before I can even answer my own self, I just found myself walking in the hallway not knowing what to do as I saw her and her members hugging one another. Ikon is also with them congratulating them. I walked towards their direction.