Chapter 15

Aleksey's  P.O.V

I watched as Dimtri and Emma played in the playhouse Dimtri made for her in the backyard, it's been there since he met her but hadn't shown it to her till now. They also laid down a blanket on the grass.

An overwhelming sense of happiness took over me watching Dimitri being so happy, him and I go way back, we've had each other's backs since we were in diapers. He has saved my life more times than I count and vice versa, ever since we were little we matched in everything in tastes of everything but I think that what made us really bond was the fact that both our parents were idiots.

Our moms knew each other because they were neighbors and worked in the same place as strippers, apparently, they even got pregnant at the same time and no, it wasn't by the same man, we even checked. Our dads were a no show and well our moms they always had us together, our life was hard, sometimes our moms wouldn't even show up for days and we had to fend for ourselves.

We learned how to fight with each other, we knew we had to learn how to survive without our mothers cause they weren't always going to be there and well we started winning in the illegal fights and gaining ourselves reputations.

He always tells me it was the two of us but it was all him. He started with a small gang, selling drugs nothing too big but with his intelligence, in no time it started growing, I was just his right-hand man, he was born a leader and me? a follower but I never minded, then, of course, he made it his business what other mafias did until everyone answered to him and even with all the power and money, I could see he wanted someone to share it with - apart from me -, we knew what we were into, BDSM and ddlg, we had our one night stands but no one was Emma.

They were meant to be, I could see it from the moment they met. Believe it or not, I was always the one to distrust love, I loved someone a long time ago and well she broke me and if it wasn't for Dimitri I don't what would have happened to me.

The three of us? it wasn't planned, I mean when I fell in love we didn't share her, we shared everything but her we didn't, I was sure she was the love of my life and Dimitri respected that, even though he never liked her and well I was blinded by her and now that I think about it, I feel stupid but well that story is for another time.

But then came Emma and well I gave them their space, at first I didn't really pay attention but then I started getting to know her and how sweet she was, asking if we were hungry that time at the diner and making conversation with me and well Dimitri saw it first that I and we had a talk.

"Tsk, tsk. Aleksey do you think you can fool me? I know you better than you know yourself" Dimitri made his way into my bedroom that night - which is right beside his - just as I was getting out of the shower in just a towel on my hips.

He was still in his suit pants and white shirt, I guess he just left Emma in his bedroom asleep. He had the first two buttons undone and it showed a peak of his chest tattoos.

"I don't know what you are talking about" I played clueless and went to my bed to get my pajamas but Dimitri slammed me against the wall before I could take another step. He leaned his body against mine and pressed his hand in my chest so that I wouldn't move.

"Dimitri, I- " He interrupted me before I could say anything.

"Why are you being so difficult?" He asked in that demanding tone of his and looking at me with his scrutinizing green eyes.

I didn't answer him and just looked at him, I could see the concern in his expression.

"Don't be like this, babe" He said after a while.

"Don't call me that, you know I don't like it" We had a weird and complicated relationship.

"I know you do but don't change the subject, Emma is not her" He removed his hand from my chest and placed it beside my head on the wall, trapping me.