Chapter 6: I want to know who my type is

Play the song when you get to the Jade Winglet part. Enjoy!

Mom: Okay, I didn't know that your father was standing there watching and listening to what was happening...just remember that

Dad: Did you not realize that it hurt my feelings what I saw?

Mom: no.

Dad: oh dear...

Mom: Anyway, the next day...

Peril's POV

The Prey Center wasn't the same without Clay's positive aditutude. But at least she still had Turtle, Moon, Qibli, Winter, and Kinkajou. And Scorch. She shouldn't forget about Scorch. And his handsome snout. And his muscular forearms...

Dad: Okay! Don't describe him like that! Okay?

Mom: Aw, is mister big and bad Clay a little jelly?

Dad: Maybe...just don't describe him like that

Mom: Fine.

Peril's POV

As Peril walked into the Prey Center, she was greeted with Scorch wrapping his wings around her. "Hello Peril," Scorch whispered in her ear.

"Hey Scorch," Peril smiled. Scorch walked her to the table were the Jade Winglet was. "How was your day?"

"It was...really depressing without you there," Scorch purred.

"Are you flirting with me?" Peril grinned. Scorch's snout looked as red as lava.

"Maybe I am," Scorch smirked. "Do you wanna hear more?"

"NO!" The Jade Winglet groaned.

"Why not?" Peril and Scorch wondered.

"Because...well... it's not that we don't like you..." Moon started. "It's just..."

"What Moon means to say is that we don't like you," Winter said, harshly. "And that we don't think you and Peril are going to last."

"Wow... that's harsh," Scorch muttered.

"You don't all think that...right?" Peril clarified. There was an awkward pause. "Turtle?"

"Uh...I agree with Moon here..." Turtle murmured.

Peril scoffed. "Turtle? Can I speak to you in private?" Turtle gulped nervously and followed Peril to her sleeping cave. "So... you're going against me having happiness?!"

"Look Peril, we didn't like that Clay kissed another dragon besides you. But when we picture you with somedragon, we picture you with a dragon who is like Clay," Turtle tried to reason. "We all have our type. I like girls who are like Kinkajou. Moon likes boys who are like Qibli. Kinkajou likes boys who are like me. Qibli likes girls who are like Moon. Winter likes..." Turtle paused to think about Winter.

"...we don't know who Winter's type is.   But what I know for certain is that you like boys who are like Clay," Turtle said. "Scorch is not like Clay."

"What if I don't want to be with boys like Clay!"  Peril cried. "The last time I liked boys like Clay...I got hurt. Maybe I wanna see who my type is."

"Fine. But if you get hurt again...don't come crawling back to me," Turtle growled. He actually sounded like a prince. Then he stormed out of the room.