Chapter 18

Just a few weeks to get everything sorted out. Invitations all set out, all planned out, food and decorations were presentable, and so far the place was packed with people. All the overlords and some special guests that were some celebrities. All of them chatting away to each other and enjoying themselves. I was partaking in speaking but I knew I didn’t put all this together to have fun, I knew what I had to do. Especially if it meant pulling that bitch down here. I took a deep breath, faking a smile as I walked by everyone.

I was dressed in my finest outfit, one to make it look like I really wanted to be here. Makeup did to perfection, and my hair up in a fancy long ponytail. While going through I couldn’t help but get annoyed. All these people talking and making all this noise, was anxiety filling to say the least. Even though I when I was alive I’d party like this all the time, now I can’t help but get a fucking headache. Suddenly Nix held a pill bottle out to me, as if he sensed me hating everyone being here and having a migraine. Immediately I took the bottle and took a few pills.

“Thank you, I think I’ll be good for the night. Now, go serve our ‘special guest’. “ Nix nodded at my words, taking a glass of champagne to the star of the show, letting me know exactly where the owl man was in the room. Wasn’t talking to all that many people, perhaps he thinks he’s better than them and they aren’t worth his time. Or maybe he’s just quiet in general. Either way it’s too soon to go and talk to him now, way too early for that. I’ll wait til later to woe him. In the meantime, I’ll be a good host and greet everyone.

An arm went around my waist as it pulled me close to a male’s chest. “I must say, babe, nice party you’re having~” Valentino said with that smooth voice of his, leaning close to my ear to where I could feel his breath. I moved his arm off of me, looking up at him. “Thank you I guess, what reason isn’t there to celebrate in this life. Like maybe I could rejoice in you leaving Angel the fuck alone.” “Aw, don’t tell me you’ve grown attached to the little cum dumpster.” I growled up at the taller male at what he just called my best friend.

“Course she has. She considers her as her friend.” I heard someone say from behind me, making me turn around to see Vox. Was he… defending me? I don’t know for sure. “Much as there are way better people to associate with, you are an asshole in her eyes for treating the pornstar so harshly.” He had to think about a good word for the treatment towards Angel Dust. Though I would call it cruelty. Suddenly Valentino grabbed my waist, leaning me down just with just enough balance for me not to fall.

He pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear, smirking widely at my surprised reaction. “You do realize it’s only business, don’t you, sugar tits?” He said as he leaned closer, as if he’s about to kiss me. Until TV head pulled me away and into his chest before taking me away from the horny moth man. Vox didn’t say anything just escorted me away from his friend and over to where all the food laid for others to snack on. He sighed at having to help me, like the two talked about something similar while coming here.

“Val is like that sometimes, very straight forward to what he wants. Uh, here’s some money.” He then handed me a couple hundred dollars that rounded to four thousand. It was obvious that Vox was an introvert and couldn’t read social cues, but don’t know what I was expecting, he did seem awfully quiet during the short times we’ve met. Though I was grateful he got me out of that situation, and even gave me some money to make up for Valentino coming at me so suddenly. “And if you don’t mind, I’m going to sit down and catch up on my high score!”

Vox then pulls out a controller and sits down at a nearby table, making a gaming system appear and connect it to his head. His face vanished and was replaced with some type of game instead, as he just started playing. I had to admit, it was pretty cool. What if you could watch Netflix on his head? That started to make me think, whoever was having sex with him could also be watching anime. Now that was boyfriend potential right there. I snapped out of it and went back to greeting everyone, feeling awkward for thinking like that.

Alastor and Lucifer said that they couldn’t make it, said some business that needed to be sorted out. Which didn’t sound friendly coming from them, just what are those two planning that they’re actually working together. I needed to take my mind off of this. Walking over to the punch bowl, I poured myself a drink and chugged it down to where some spilled on my chin. “Ugh, damn it!” Then someone offered me a handkerchief. “Here you are, Love.” I looked over, seeing who was lending me a hand. My eyes widening at seeing that it was the owl man.

I smirked up at him, making myself look as out there as possible definitely paid off in the end. Didn’t even have to approach him first. I gently took the fancy napkin, cleaning up my small mess. “I apologize, normally I never drip like this.” “Only on special occasions~?” He asked me, smiling in the process. “Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Stolas, and you must be [Y/n], our lovely host.” He then took my hand and planted a gentle kiss. I nodded, slowly taking my hand away and looking at him, leaning a bit closer.

“Please… The pleasure is all mine.”