Chapter 14

Five hours. It took five hours for him to convince me. Five hours of him continuously begging me to let him interview me. “Come on, my darling!” “No I don’t do those stupid question and answer things. Wastes so much time to know someone that is obviously better than everyone.” We both bickered as I was walking away from him the best in my ability to the kitchen. Alastor then suddenly grabbed my wrist and twirled me around to face him, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close to him. “My dear, you are better than most.”

He let go of my wrist and instead dragged his hand slowly up my arm. I could feel shivers down my spine from how soft his touch was, but I could feel how malicious Alastor was. It was like he was doing it on purpose to intimidate me, knowing he could easily over power me with just a snap of his fingers. “But you are not better than me, cause if you were,” he said as he put his thumb against my bottom lip. I could feel myself shaking just a little bit as he slid his thumb across, making him smirk wider at my reaction. “You wouldn’t last very long at all.”

I instinctively pushed him away from me as I was blushing really red, I could feel my face burning from how flustered I was. The strawberry deer laughed at me, leaning down a bit as he held onto his torso. “Ahem, am I interrupting something?” Both of us immediately turned our heads to the voice, my jaw dropped as I realized that it was Lucifer. “Hey, how did you even get here?!” I yell at the apple guy, as I could hear Alastor growl a bit and almost lose his smile. That would be terrifying.

“Have you already forgotten that I can create portals, bunny? After I talked with your butler on the phone, I became bored talking to him so I decided to come over and discuss our date in person.” Lucifer looked at me softly and then suddenly glared at Alastor, if it was a normal person under his glare, they’d instantly be dead on the spot. “I wouldn’t call it a date in the slightest. Today was supposed to be my relaxing day.” I huffed as the deer put his hand onto my shoulder to comfort me. “I didn’t know that today was your day off. I apologize if he’s bugging you, darling”

Alastor just focused on me, as if Lucifer was just a worthless spec of dust. I just pushed off his hand from my shoulder while rolling my eyes just a little bit. “Just forget it, my entire diet is migraine pills anyways.” That was true, Nix did have to buy her a lot of pills ever since she met all of these men. “How am I bugging her, I just got here and you were here.” They both began to argue but at least they were gentlemen about it and not trying to tear up my house. That also raises the question how Alastor found out where I live.

I sighed as I walked more into the kitchen and opened one of the drawers as I took out a pill bottle. As I poured some in my hand, I noticed that Nix appeared finally from wherever he was during my torture. He immediately separated the two from each other somehow, I was too busy with taking my pills to even look behind me. Nix handed me a tall glass of water, without hesitating I took it and took a drink. These were some strong pills so after a few seconds my body had felt completely calm.

“Feeling better, ma’am?” Nix asked me as I smiled a bit, stretching my neck a bit since it was a bit sore from the muscle tension. “Much better. I need to sort this out.” “I can just tell them you’re busy today.” I shake my head as I look into the glass of water, making him know that he didn’t have to do that for me. I then turned around and saw that Lucifer and Alastor were both glaring at Nix from behind a way. I could sense their jealousy in the air as their eyes widened as they were caught, quickly going back behind the wall.

I just smirked as I went back into the drawers and brought out two mugs and made some coffee for the two of the new unexpected guests. They seemed like the type of man to like their coffee black, so I didn’t bother to add any sugar or cream. I then walked back into the living room with the two hot mugs of basically bashed up cocoa beans with water, handing them over to Alastor and Lucifer. “Just so you both know, I don’t like jealousy against someone that’s been here longer than both of you have.”

“Jealous? Over a tool?” Lucifer said with that stupid smile as he just reffered to Nix as a tool, which made me want to spill the same cup he was holding onto his lap. I grew a bit attached to Nix, he was really like a brother to me. Despite if he looked like Freddy Fazbear from that creepy jump scare game. “Oh, shush. It’s obvious their relationship is one that would belong to siblings”. Alastor stepped in as if he had just read my mind, making the apple pimp scowl. “Last I recall You were glaring at him also with him being so close to her.”

It seemed these two were never going to get along any time soon. I mean they were enemies but I guess I expected a little less petty and witty from them at least, I mean they are really powerful people but they were acting like two children who hated each other or couldn’t share a toy with the both of them. It was just so immature coming from them, made me feel better about myself actually because at least I don’t act like that. As they continued to bicker on, I had only one thought in my head.

This was going to be a long day.