Chapter 3

Ever since I met that pimp, I was getting random gifts out of nowhere from him. Course he didn’t deliver them in person, someone else would always do it. The gifts that were given was always in a basket with a lot of expensive things I could already buy myself. Robes, jewelry, perfume, dresses, chocolates, and flowers. I would appreciate it if it wasn’t all from a stranger I only met once. I did some research on him and found out why Alastor and him hate each.

Apparently, Valentino’s best friend is also Alastor’s rival. Vox, the tv demon. He works with his friend with the studio to film. Alastor and Vox have been at each other's throats for centuries, fighting for power. It was pretty ironic, that a TV and Radio were fighting. But apparently Alastor always won their little fights, everyday he learned something new which made him more powerful from the last time.

“Ma’am, will you go see your associate today? You haven’t seen him since a few days ago,” Nix had said in a monotone way. Nix was a local ex-assassin I found asking for a job since he was out of the job, so based on what that pimp was doing, I made him my bodyguard. Nix was very tall, taller than Alastor. He was buff as his suit was tight around his muscles, his suit fully black with a red tie. His dark brown hair was combed back as his little bear ears peaked out, there was a scar over his right eye that made his eye completely while the other one was chocolate brown.

I turn my office chair to him away from my desk. Nix was similar to an older brother, except this one could be a yakuza boss and have anyone who screws with you brutally killed... Well, at least it’s rare to have a brother like that. “Actually, maybe not today either. Angel is in the process of being redeemed… He’ll go to heaven and he won’t be able to see me anymore. What point is there to spend time with someone when they are going to leave you in the end? Personally, it’s better to let them go now then latter.”

I look down at my words. My feelings are strange, I don’t even know that I am having them until I start talking. I look down and chuckle a bit. A hand goes under my chin, lifting it up to see Nix. “You don’t have to pretend you’re okay with the thought you’ll lose your friend. And you spend time with them so you get a chance to see them one last time.” “I know… But goodbyes are hard.” He then smiled a little bit, putting his forehead against mine. “It’s not goodbye, just see you when I can. Only fakes say goodbye.”

My frown turns into a small smile. Somehow, Nix always found someway to cheer me up. I never grew up with a brother, but I’m guessing this is just how they are. I get up out of my seat, walking to my balcony, smiling brightly as I look up at the red sky of Hell. I heard the doorbell ring.

I walked away from the balcony, noticing Nix stood against the wall next to the door with a gun in hand just in case. "Thank you, Nix. That'll be all." "But ma'am, I-" I gave him a certain look, making him sigh and walk away into another room.

I go to the door and open it, seeing a man I don't know with a giant box at his feet with two other guys with him. He walks around the box and next to me. "Delivery for (Y/f/n)." "But I didn't order anything?" I lean over to the box as the other guys open it to show it was empty. Suddenly a rag was over my nose. "Well, that's because it's you that's getting delivered!"