In the dark

I had spent the rest of the day sitting in a tree trying to think of something else. When ever I blinked I saw the leopard in the tree. So I gave up trying. I had so many questions but my biggest one was what business does she have here?

I remembered the swords. Was she here to kill someone? If she was leopard she probably had. What if that person was not the person she was going to kill, just someone working for them. Was It smart for her to sleep in a house full of swords with the door open?

Then there were her eyes were they natural? I had never seen someone with that colour of eyes before, they were so bright. There was something about them that wasn't normal. I closed my eyes and replayed the scene in my mind when she was staring at me. Those creepy aqua eyes staring at me and Rose. The shining aqua iris and the deep black pupil... the pupil!

I almost fell off the tree.

Her pupils were... slits...like a cat's. My heart was beating so fast. She must be the leopard... but how?

I didn't know... but I had to find out.

Then there was the mark on her skin. It was shaped like a black cat and seemed to be part of her skin. I have seen people with dark skin before but this was pure black, like it had been carved from midnight. Besides the people that were dark skinned were all dark skinned, not just one part of them. I have seen people with black marks on them but their's looked like a scar. Is it magic?

Also her teeth. They were like a cat's only bigger. No wonder she didn't like to talk much. Not only were they like a cat's they were also as white as snow. How did she keep them so clean?

My teeth are yellow.

I sat there thinking for a long time and before I knew it the pink rays of the sun set were shooting across the sky. I didn't get down. I didn't want to.

Should I tell someone about Elizabeth? Would that make it worse? Would they kill her? Would she kill me? Would anyone believe me?

What if I din't tell anyone? What would happen? Could I get killed? Would I get involved with what Elizabeth was doing? Would she become my friend?

I looked around me... it was dark. All the lights in the houses were out. Even my house. I didn't want another thing to happen to me. So I got down from the tree and walked over to my house.

I pushed open the door and felt around for my bed. I jumped in. My eyes closed tightly. This day was over...

...or was it?...

...creak...

...the door opened...

...my eyes flew open...

...It was dark...so dark I could not even see my hand in front of my face...

...But I could hear...

...footsteps...towards my bed...

...my heart rate quickened I was so scared...

...Nothing...the foot steps had stopped...now...

...breathing...next to my bed...

...I looked up...

...two aqua rings...cat eyes...aqua cat eyes...Elizabeth...

...I opened my mouth to scream...

...a warm furry hand covered it. The eyes lowered. I felt a hot breath on my face. Then I heard a whisper "lets make what you've seen our little secret."