Help

There was a blissful moment when I couldn't remember why I was lying in the mud... but then it all came back to me. Heather coming in through the window, Elizabeth fighting with the lord and falling off the roof... why aren't I dead?

I looked around everything seemed sharper. Next to me I saw Heather lying down with her face in the mud. Her arm was twisted to a funny angle. I rolled her over. She felt cold. The whole front side of her body was crushed, the mud that she had been laying in was red with blood. Her eyes were glassy and seemed to be staring at me. She was dead. Why did she jump off the roof if it would kill her? Who knows?

I heard a squelch and looked up. Alice and Hayley were standing next to me with their eyes wide and mouths open. Hayley was wearing light armour over a tight leather suit and was holding twin swords which were coated in blood. Alice was wearing an enormous pink dress, which had a big bow at the back and she was holding a battle axe. She looked very strange. Anyway Hayley and Alice were both staring at Heather's body. A tear fell from Alice's beautiful purple eye and ran down her perfect face. Hayley closed her eyes slowly and murmured something. Alice's gaze quickly flicked to me. She looked angry and sad at the same time. I was very scared but I held her gaze until Hayley opened her eyes. Alice lent over and muttered something to her. Hayley nodded and sniffed the air then nodded again. Alice muttered another thing then Hayley told her three words. I couldn't make out the first two words but the last one was as clear as day to me, it was ... Elizabeth.

Alice nodded and tucked her axe under the belt on her dress. Hayley sheaved her twin swords too. They both stood there staring at me. Hayley's fiery eyes seemed to burn into my soul and Alice's purple eyes gave me shivers down my spine. It was then when I remembered the lord!

I listened  carefully and could hear the sound of metal clashing. They were still on the roof fighting. How long have they been fighting for? How long was I out?

I didn't know but I did know that I had to help the lord. I got up and turned around. I had only gotten a few steps before I felt something like a hammer hitting me between the shoulder blades. Before I knew it I had my head in the mud. There was still something pressing between my shoulder blades, I turned my head to the side. It was Hayley's knee. She was crouched over me with her right knee between my shoulder blades and her hands on my shoulders. Hayley lent down and whispered in my ear "you are not going anywhere." I struggled to get up but it was no use, she was like a rock. Alice was looking at the roof. She looked at Hayley and Hayley nodded then she called "Elizabeth we have a situation down here!"

For a few moments there was no response... Then a figure fell from the roof. It was Elizabeth. She landed elegantly on her feet and seemed completely unharmed. Just as she was walking over to us another person fell, it was the lord. He landed not so elegantly, face first in the mud but got up and was also unharmed. A bit dazed, but unharmed. Elizabeth saw him behind herself and ran over to us before he could do anything. "What is it?" hissed Elizabeth. Alice hissed something to her. Elizabeth seemed to stiffen then she muttered "we need her."

The lord stumbled toward Elizabeth. Elizabeth and Alice looked at each other, then smiled. They both ran at the lord. Alice pulled the axe from her belt. Fear for the lord washed over me.

The lord had a bronze sword in his hand. Alice hit his hand with the flat side of her axe, causing him to drop the sword. Elizabeth grabbed him and put her sword to his throat. Hayley got off me, I got up. I had mud all over my dress, it was all over my face and caked in my hair. I must have looked an absolute mess. "You have two choices!" yelled Elizabeth "come with us or I kill him right now!"

I didn't know what to do. If I came with them what would they do to me? Elizabeth has wanted the lord dead for a long time so who knows if she will even let him go if I come with her? Even if she did let him go she would probably slice him in half before he could even pick up his sword. I looked into the lord's ruby red eyes, the were filled with fear and gave no sign of what I should do. Tension was thick in the air. I was finding it hard to breathe. What should I do?...

Something whooshed past my head, then an arrow appeared in Elizabeth's sword hand. She let out a blood curdling scream and dropped her sword. I turned my head. There was a man in a long black coat was standing there holding a bow. From his belt hung a large assortment of weapons. Behind him was a older man with a long white beard and a long robe. The lord picked up his sword and slashed a line down Elizabeth's body. She shrieked and punched the lord in the stomach. He crumbled to the ground, I ran to him. He had a smile on his face as his eyes closed. Alice was frozen. Hayley hissed at the men, then turned to face Elizabeth. Elizabeth shook her head, grabbed Alice and ran. Hayley ran too. They ran so fast they were out of sight in no time.

The two men came over to me. "Who are you little Missy?" asked the older one.

"Grace," I answered "Who are you two?"

"I am William," replied the older one.

"I am Joseph," answered the one with the coat.

William bent down and looked at the lord. He was very close to me. He smelt of rain and limes ... odd. "Can you heal him?" asked Joseph.

"I will need the right things, I have tired myself from get here and fighting," replied William "Grace is there a healer around here?"

"Yes," I answered "She is my friend."

"He needs help," said William "Can you take us there?"

I nodded.