Big cat

With all the money the Elizabeth had left us, I was able to buy much nicer clothes for my kids.

I was talking to my friend Opal the healer of the village about Elizabeth but she had never heard of or seen her. That is strange because I thought Elizabeth would have gone to Opal to get healed when she left my house.

***

A few weeks later, I was walking around in the forest collecting wood. It was getting dark but I had to get this wood for the fire or it would be a very cold night.

I bent down to pick up a stick. When someone ran straight into me and knocked me over. I fell face first into the dirt so I didn't get to see them knock me over.

I got up and looked around, no one was there. I did not even hear foot steps but I saw foot prints. Odd.

I picked up my sticks again. Then something else pushed me over. I felt fur against my dress.

I hit the ground but I quickly looked up. I saw a flash of spots but it disappeared in to the trees quickly. What could that me. I felt burning on my chin, I touched it and felt blood. I must have cut myself with the sticks.

I looked around and saw big cat paw prints on the ground. I was very curious about this so I decided to follow them. My mother always told me that curiosity is never a good thing but she was not there.

The sky was almost black and the last rays of sun light were fading from the sky but I had to know about this. I walked a long tripping over things but it was ok, I left the sticks behind, I was going to come back for them later.

Drop.

I felt a rain drop on the back of my neck. It had started to to rain. I cursed under my breath and turned around to go back because the rain would destroy the paw prints. Then I heard a scream, a man's scream.

I turned back around and ran toward the scream. I slipped and tripped as I ran but did not fall over. The rain was as heavy as a waterfall but I kept running even if my eyes were closed. It wouldn't even really matter it was too dark to see anything anyway.

I came to a clearing and there was man's headless body on the ground. It was odd because not that much blood was coming from his neck. A few meters away from his body was his head.It had 4 big holes in it and looked like it had been torn off. I was too shocked to even scream. So I just stood there completely stunned.

I heard a loud bang ... Thunder. Lightning streaked the sky it the shape of a leafless tree. It lit up everything for just a moment.

I saw that the man was quite pale. There were big cat paw prints all around the body of the man. There were also some digging deep into the ground like the cat had jumped. I looked up and screamed.

There sitting in the tree was a leopard licking it's blood stained lips. But not just a leopard, a leopard the size of a horse. Lightning flashed. I could see that the leopard was watching me with it's aqua eyes.

After the flash it was pitch black.

When lightning flashed again I saw Elizabeth laying in the same position as the leopard been in the same tree.

Then the world plunged into darkness again...