Chapter 35: Framed

Brody stared as construction workers covered Garvin's name with a sign with Thornton's name printed on it.

"You may be gone... but as Garvin is my witness, I will carry on your hatred of the Valley." Brody spoke to himself.

Walking inside HQ, the male began sniffing the air. Sounds of laughter filled the air and Brody turned his head.

"Oh, Brody!" Spencer yelled and practically skipped over to his friend and grasped his shoulders.

"Brody! You're not gonna believe this!"

"Shh, shh, shh, shh! Why don't I smell the Valley?"

"That's what I was gonna tell you. They're gone. They got kicked out for abandoning their post!"

This information brought a small spark of joy to Brody's face.

"No Valley?"

"No Valley."

"No rich girl?"

"No rich girl. We're back, baby."

"We're back!" Brody shouted excitedly.

The two then clasped their hands together and jumped repeatedly and somehow spun in a small circle.

Amongst their celebration, Logan stared at the two grown men with a disappointed look on her face.

"Yeah! Yes! Yes!"

"No Valley! No Valley!"

✧✧✧✧✧

"I bet you they're in headquarters right now, celebrating that we're gone." Tyler scoffed. His fingers expertly pressed the game controllers buttons. Besides, him, Eric scrolled on his phone.

"They're not doing that." Eric's eyes moved off of his phone and towards his friend.

"No Valley! No Valley!" Excited screams came from Eric's phone.

"Oh, no, you're right. They are." The boy frowned as the video continued. He then tilted his phone so his friend to see.

"No Valley! No Valley!"

"Nothing is worse than this." Tyler sighed and continued playing his game.

"Hey, baby Jake." Roger called out as he walked into the room.

The two friends turned around.

In Roger's arms was baby Jake.

"And these are what we call losers. Because they got kicked out of Junior Rescue of their second to last day." The man spoke in a mocking tone.

"Actually, this is worse. Roger, we kind of wanna be alone." Tyler groaned and resumed his game.

With a heavy sigh, Roger took a seat on Tyler's bed.

"Yeah? Well, I've been alone for the three weeks since your mom's blog got acquired by Goop." Roger lightly bounced up and down on the bed to rock the baby. Then he leaned over towards his step-son.

"So we are hanging out whether you like it or not."

"Roger, please get out."

The man only shrugged.

"All right. But only because Jake did a stinky." As if on cue, Jake let out a tiny fart.

"Then I am comin' back... and we're gonna bro hard." 

Tyler only sighed.

"You know, I'd never admit this to Roger 'cause he's the one who forced me to go in the first place, but... I really miss Junior Rescue."