Chapter 7: Niceness is Key

The team walked back to their tower.

"You know, I've never had expired mayonnaise before, but it really worked on the burger." Tyler informed.

Ellie made a disgusted face and the team laughed.

"Gross."

"Ty, that mayonnaise is really gonna work on your stomach later." Ellie joked and playfully nudged Tyler's side.

"Hey." Gina put her hand on Eric's shoulder and guided him away from the team.

"So, about this whole nice thing... Um... it's not exactly the first word I would use to describe myself." Gina explained.

"Come on, Gina. You're nice." Eric reassured and wrapped an arm around Gina's shoulder.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm sorry." Gina sighed.

"For a second, I thought I might be the reason for that bad review. Crazy, right?" Gina ranted.

She looked at the ocean and saw a surfer going into the swim zone.

Gina's demeanor instantly dissolved.

"Hey, buddy!" She barked and stomped over to the guy.

"Read the sign. This zone's for swimming only."

The surfer rolled his eyes and continued walking towards the ocean.

"Oh, so that's how you wanna do this." Gina crossed her arms.

With unfound speed, Gina ripped the surfboard out of the surfer's hands and breaks it with her knee.

Eric winced at the sight.

"There. Now you're a swimmer." Gina smirked and handed half of the broken surfboard back to the now boardless surfer.

"What?" Gina asked when she saw Eric gave her a face.

Eric grabbed the top half of the surfboard and examined the damage.

"I'm the reason for the bad review, aren't I?" Gina sighed and crossed her arms.

"I wanna answer you, but I'm afraid you'll break me in half."

Gina huffed.

"Know anyone else that can help me?"

"Yeah. I know just the person."

✧✧✧✧✧

Dylan sighed as she hung her buoy up on the Tower wall.

"If people in Malibu want a little extra, that means we have to be extra extra." Dylan stated.

"Yeah. Let's go out there and give 'em the best beach day ever." Tyler encouraged.

Eric and Gina entered the tower and stood next to Ellie.

"Hey, guys. What have you guys been up to?" Ellie whispered over to them.

"Nothing much. We need you help." Eric whispered back.

"Thanks for taking one for the team." Gina whispered.

"What?" Eric asked.

Gina delivered a harsh elbow to Eric's gut. The poor boy doubled over in pain and collapsed on the floor.

"Eric, what happened?" Lizzie asked.

"I don't know." Eric wheezed, clutching his stomach.

"Sorry, Ele." Gina whispered to Ellie.

"What?"

Gina kicked the back of Ellie's knees, knocking the girl to the ground. The air was knocked out of Ellie's lungs, leaving her wheezing for air on the tower floor.