Chapter 6: Bad Review

"Move it! We're got an emergency!" Gina shouted as the team wheeled a woman towards HQ.

"Look out for that lady!" Ellie screamed, pushing the stretcher forward.

"Hang on, we've got this!" Eric reassured the woman, who was taking in labored breaths.

"Pump the brakes, Granny! This train is moving and we will run you over!" Gina yelled at an elderly lady who happened to be in the way of the stretcher.

With a shriek, the grandma pulled her walker back.

"Sorry!" Dylan called over her shoulder.

"Tower Two en route to medical. We got a female swimmer suffering from a stingray puncture." Ellie spoke into the walkie-talkie.

"Ma'am, how would you rate your pain on a scale of 'it's all good' to 'take the leg, take the leg'?" Eric asked.

The lady shot up, put her hands around Eric's neck and screamed.

"She's going into shock." Tyler panted.

"She could be having an allergic reaction." Lizzie added.

"Don't worry, I know what to do." Lizzie hopped onto the stretcher.

"Ma'am this is atropine." Lizzie whipped out a large syringe from behind her.

"I need to inject it through your sternum, directly into your heart." Lizzie raised her hands and prepared to strike.

The woman panted in fear.

Seconds before Lizzie could possibly kill the patient, she was whisked off the stretcher by another lifeguard.

"Let the real lifeguards take it from here." He said and wheeled the stretcher away.

"Aw, man." Lizzie groaned.

"Do you guys realize what we just did?" Dylan exclaimed excitedly.

"Wasted 100 ccs of perfectly good atropine?" Lizzie responded half-heartedly.

Dylan took the syringe out of the red-head's hands.

"No. We just saved that lady!"

"I gotta admit, that was awesome." Ellie smiled.

"Man... It's only our second day, and we're already saving lives! I'm so glad I didn't go to space camp." Eric squealed.

Tyler put a hand on Eric's shoulder.

"This is what I thought Malibu Junior Rescue would be."

"Tower Two, my office, now!" Garvin spoke on the PA.

"What do you think he wants?" Gina asked, crossing her arms.

"Probably to congratulate us for making him look good." Tyler smirked.

✧✧✧✧✧

"If you think I'm here to congratulate you for making me look good, you're dead wrong." Garvin sneered.

"Well, I'm lost." Tyler whispered over to Ellie, who only rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Tell me what you see." Garvin turned his laptop so the team could read.

"A profile for a dating website?" Ellie looked up at Garvin, confused.

"No. You didn't see that." Garvin yelped and turned his laptop back around.

"Here. Read this." The male turned his laptop once more.

"'What the heck is going on with Junior Rescue this summer. Is Garvin Cross just letting anyone in? This is not the Malibu experience I'm used to. If this keeps up, I won't be back.'" Dylan read aloud.