Chapter 4: Trap

Gina raged.

"That's it! I'm not doing this all summer! I'm taking him down." Gina angrily grabbed an extra shirt and a towel and stalked off.

"Gina, wait!" Dylan took a towel and walked after Gina, leaving Ellie to clean up the mess.

"Are you kidding me?" Ellie muttered. 

She shook her hands in hopes of getting the black ink off, but to no avail. She groaned and grabbed a towel, deciding that she wouldn't be left behind. Angry and a little bit embarrassed, Ellie stormed off to find the other members of her team.

✧✧✧✧✧

"When Brody comes back to Tower One, he'll step into this net." Lizzie explained, shoveling the last bits of sand over the net.

"Which is attached to that parasail. All of which is attached to that Polaris."

"I'll drive off, dragging Brody across Dog Beach, the parasail will open, lifting him into the air and over the ocean." Tyler added.

"Then we'll release the rope, and kersploosh!" Lizzie finished.

Eric stared at his teammates, unable to say a word.

"You can say 'kersploosh, kersplat, kersplunk.' It's still a ker-feloney! This is crazy!" Eric argued.

"Is it crazy or is it crazy?" Lizzie rolled her eyes.

"I'm not hearing the difference."

"Eric, we're doing this for the team." Tyler intervened.

"What team? Ever since you decided to prank Brody, we haven't been a team."

"Somebody had to do something. Dylan didn't have a plan." Tyler argued.

"Yes, she did. You just didn't give it a chance. You ignored her. And Ellie." Eric fired back.

Tyler paused and looked at the ground.

"I didn't mean to."

"Well, you did. It's our first day, and we're already falling apart. Don't you get it? This is exactly what Brody wants." 

"You're right." Tyler sighed.

Lizzie looked in shock.

"Are you serious? We're bailing?"

"Yeah, we should be helping our team. I'll take the Polaris back. Follow me, and you guys untie the net." Tyler instructed and walked off to the beach car.

Eric grinned and Lizzie groaned.

Tyler hopped into the Polaris and turned the engine on.

"There. Fine. Take it apart." Lizzie scoffed once the pair had reached the carabiner.

Eric reached down, but was stopped by Gina.

"I wanna help you take down Brody." Gina panted.

"No, no, no, no, no! I just talked them out of it!" Eric groaned in frustration.

The group saw Brody walking past on the beach. Looking down at his clipboard, he intercepted a game of catch and threw the ball backwards without looking. The team started, waiting to see what he would do.

"'Cleaning the outhouses.' Sounds like a Tower Two job to me." Brody mumbled.

Tyler drove off in the Polaris, with the net still attached.

"What the..." Brody looked down.

The net flew over Brody, knocking him face first into the ground.