Chapter 24: Closer and Closer

"Don't worry, okay? I'm here for you. I'll just tell the taco lady that you want free-jol-ays. 'Free-jol-ays'? Dang it, now I'm saying it wrong!" Tyler sighed.

"Tyler, I just-" Dylan ripped her arm from Tyler's grasp and accidentally knocked into someone else.

"Whoa! Watch it." Spencer whirled around in annoyance.

"Is that you, Dylan? Just when I think you can't get weirder, you... get weirder." Spencer rolled his eyes.

"Hey, why are you always such a jerk to her?" Tyler defended.

"Guys, just drop it." Dylan pushed Tyler back as Spencer turned back around.

"No. I know that you don't like me because I'm from the Valley, but Dylan's from Malibu, just like you." Tyler argued, stepping up to Spencer.

"Uh, she might be from the Bu, but she's nothing like me." Spencer said and turned back around.

"You know what? I'm- I'm actually not hungry anymore." Dylan took her sunglasses off and walked away.

"No, we're up next for frijoles! Yes, I'm back." Tyler said to himself.

✧✧✧✧✧

Eric stood outside the party, pacing back and forth.

What should I do? What should I do? Not telling Lizzie how I fell is...  making things weird. So that's it. I have to tell her. I'm telling her.

Eric entered the HQ.

A few seconds later, he came back out.

What am I thinking? I can't tell her. What if she doesn't fell the same way? I'll ruin everything. Okay. I'm gonna stay here and not tell her.

Eric sat down on the floor next to the door.

But I can't avoid her forever! And... I can't stop thinking about her. I just gotta take the risk and tell her.

"That's it. I'm going in." Eric stood up.

Just go already!

"Right!" Eric told himself and stepped inside the party.

✧✧✧✧✧

"I don't get it. Eric's acting so weird. Do you think he's mad at me? Maybe making him pretend to be a couple was too much. That's a lot to ask of a real boyfriend, let alone a fake one." Lizzie ranted.

"That is a lot of information. Uh, right. But all I really need to know is black or pinto?" The lady asked.

Lizzie stared at her weirdly.

"It's a really long line."

Lizzie nodded and handed the plate back over.

"I have to talk to Eric." Lizzie turned around and left the line.

"Okay..."

✧✧✧✧✧

"Watch out. that slushie's cold. You're gonna get a brain freeze." Chote taunted and watched as Gina finished another shot of slushie. A crowd had gathered around them, staring at the slushie contest.

"My brain's fine, but you look like you're hurting. Come on, don't let that slushie beat you." Gina pressed.

Chote took his time and downed the slushie.

Gina shakily reached for the next cup.

"It's too cold! That slushie's freezing your brain. Give up, Gina." Chote smirked.