Chapter 10: Every Choice Has A Consequence

"I know it's a little loud, so you probably didn't hear me, but you can't light fireworks on the beach."

The man ignored her once again.

"Vooch! You gotta kill the music. It's crazy out here. Vooch! Vooch!" Eric yelled at the DJ, who couldn't hear him.

Eric yanked the headphones off the man's head.

"Vooch!"

"Oh! Hey, Eric. What's up, man? Whoa!" Vooch removed his earbuds.

"Where did this riot come from?"

"I don't know, but we gotta stop it. Kill the music!"

"Uh..." Vooch pressed a button, which increased the volume.

"What are you doing?" Eric yelled.

"I don't know how this thing works!"

The two began twisting and turning knobs in hopes of turning the music off.

"Look, I'm not trying to ruin your fun, but you really gotta put those out." Gina urged.

The man turned and aimed the fireworks at Gina's face. 

Gina's eyes widened and the girl shot down, successfully avoiding the colored sparks.

"That's it!" Gina yanked the firework from the guy.

"I don't want to be the one to mess things up for our tower, but this is out of control!" Gina angrily threw the fireworks into a nearby trashcan. With fear in his eyes, the guy ran off.

Gina sighed.

"Oh! No glass bottles!" Ellie plucked the orange soda bottle from a girl running towards the ocean.

"Now get off our beach!" Gina yelled and shoved the girl forward, causing her to stumble a little.

Ellie threw the bottle into the trashcan and smiled when she heard the glass break.

"Yes! Go Gina! Go Ellie!" Lizzie yelled from inside the tower.

Eric and Vooch struggled with the stereo, fumbling with switches, button, and knobs.

Eric panicked and looked up to distract him from the problem.

Up ahead, he saw a motorcyclist revving his engine, preparing to run down the beach. Eric looked at the general direction the bike was heading to and froze. There was a woman peacefully reading her book in the middle of the party, and the motorcycle was headed straight for her.

"Oh, no!"

Eric dashed through the crowd, grabbing a rescue floatie that two guys were playing tug-a-war with.

Once Eric was close enough, he swung the floatie with so much force, he knocked the motorcyclist off his bike.

But to no avail, the bike was still headed towards the lady.

"Oh, no! Oh, no! Oh, no!" Eric panicked.

All he saw was a flash of red, fire, and a saved woman.

✧✧✧✧✧

Ellie sighed, making her way through the party. 

Slipping in between sweaty bodies was not an easy feat.

She started to confiscate items, that were not allowed on the beach, from the people she passed.

Her head turned from side to side, trying to spot her teammates. 

Ellie breathed a huge sigh of relief when she spotted Gina speaking to a guy holding fireworks.

The blond female jogged over to see the man run off.