"Treat me like yours" -Beomgyu Final

Martha's POV
"Don't forget to call me!" Beomgyu yelled in his deep voice and laughed. It was like hearing a melody in the night. I kept repeating the song in my head as I walked home.

After I got home, I saw my phone was spammed with messages. They were all from Tiffany.

As I read each of the messages, my heart cracked to pieces.

My eyes became more cumbersome and unknowingly, I saw drops of tears sliding down the screen.

Tiffany: Hey Martha...could we talk?

Me: What's up Tiffany?

Tiffany: I just wanted to talk to you about stuff I said earlier.

Me: What about them?

Tiffany: Idk, I just want to take a break from being friends.

Me: A break? Why?

Tiffany: I didn't want to say this, but I'm embarrassed for you,

Your weight, and your looks, just everything.

I didn't want to say this,

but I'm embarrassed for you, your weight, and your looks, just everything.

But I'm embarrassed for you,

Your weight

Your looks

Just

Everything

I threw my phone on the ground and fell to my knees in anger. I knew it, everyone was the same—even Tiffany, who was my friend since a long time ago. I felt angry at myself for trusting someone like her, I should've known better.

This was all my fault. I couldn't see in front of me, and all I felt was sticky tears running down my face. I guess it hurts more because I loved Tiffany like a sister.

"Hello?"

I wiped my tears away to see where the voice came from. It turned out that I accidentally called,

Beomgyu's number. I cleared my throat and moved my face closer to the speaker,

"S-sorry, I accidentally called you," I whispered.

"Martha? Are you okay?"

"Of course, I am!" I said with my voice breaking. "I'm perfectly fine,"

"You sound like you're crying, are you sure you're okay?"

I cleared my throat. "Sorry for crying."

I heard Beomgyu sigh, "No no, I'm sorry I can't be there for you."

"It's okay..." I sniffled and wiped my tears away. "I'm okay, I'll hang up now."

"Wait!"

I stared at the phone mindlessly.

"Let's meet tomorrow, okay? I'll get you backstage passes to the showcase we're doing."

I felt a small smile climb on my face, "Thank you, Beomgyu."

"No problem. I'll hang up now, I'm in the middle of dance practice so I'll talk to you later okay? I hope you feel better soon."