Exorcism

Ryan was the first to wake up, silently watching as Finley slept. He had missed her so incredibly much. And now she was back. She looked so peaceful, as if nothing had gone wrong. As beautiful as ever. Soft tears rolled down his face. She was finally back. 

A timid knock at the door broke Ryan from his thoughts. The door opened, revealing Mark holding a plate of food. From what Ryan could tell, it seemed to be several biscuits, sausages, and a pile of fruit. 

"I brought you guys breakfast. Father Eric should be here in a couple of minutes." Mark handed the plate to Ryan, who thanked him. The smell of food stirred Shane from his slumber, grabbing two biscuits before Ryan even had time to protest. 

The sound of a door opening alerted Mark, who turned back to greet the person. The new stranger was a bearded man, wearing a comfortable hoodie and black pants. The Roman collar was visible under the sweatshirt, signifying that he was a priest. 

"Father, this is Ryan and Shane," They took turns shaking the Priest's hand. "Ryan and Shane, this is Father Eric."

By this time, Victoria has also woken up, shaking her hand and introducing her to the Father. Father Eric grinned and politely introduced himself to them all. 

"I know this sounds crazy, Father, but their friend here is supposedly possessed by a demon. Do you think you could help them out?" Mark rubbed the back of his neck nervously, as if now just realizing how absurd the situation was. He had let four strangers into a Church because one of them claimed to have a Demon inside of her. 

He was so getting fired. 

The Priest simply nodded and turned to Finley, still asleep in a circle of salt. 

"I presume this one is the one to be 'possessed'?" They all nodded, and Victoria leaned down to Finley.

"Hey Fin, darling, wake up." Finley grunted and sat up, but again was restrained as she sleepily attempted to exit the salt ring. The pain from doing so finally woke her up. Father Eric pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded, mentally preparing himself for what he would have to do next. 

"Mark, get me some Holy water and a Crucifix, please. The rest of you, could you please wait outside?" The Father reached behind him and grabbed a Bible from the shelf, flipping through the contents. Mark ushered the three others out, into a small area with a couple of chairs. 

"You'll get her back, I promise." He left them to retrieve the items asked for, and the only thing that Shane, Ryan and Victoria could do was pray that he was right.