A Demon Took Over

Trigger Warning: this is an intense chapter

Finley felt dark. She felt the dust on forgotten objects, the dying flowers, and stale waters. Her eyes were blackened, reflecting inky nothingness. The scar she got from the Sweeney House burned in a painful reminder, and as she reached back to touch it. The scar shifted under her fingertips, and melted into her skin, disappearing as if it were never there.

The demon that leeched onto her was now a part of her. Her nails grew like claws and pierced the shoulder she was gripping, but she felt nothing. Nothing at all.

And suddenly, the pain registered. All of it. Her shoulder, Eli's forced kiss, and Ryan's heartbroken and shattered reflection. Finley sobbed in the comfort of her own arms. She was disgusted by the way Eli gripped her, the way he pressed his lips against her innocent and pure ones. Running his experienced hands through her smooth and clean hair. Disgusted that her lips were now tainted, her hair now dirtied with the sins of a man who never earned the right.

Finley bolted out of the car to the nearest trash can, emptying the contents from her stomach. Tears fell out into the trash as well as she crumpled besides it, broken a defeated. Feeling unclean, as if she was no longer the pure white being and could never be that again.

It was only one kiss, Finley. Don't be so overdramatic. People touch your hair all the time. He didn't rape you, chill out. People have it worse than you, okay? Suck it up.

Taking a shaky breath, Finley crawled back into the van, the familiar scents of Shane and Ryan enveloping her. They comforted her as if they didn't hate her. As if they were still there, by her side. Two beautiful, clean beings besides the dirtied, ruined Finley.