A Demon Warns Me

Finley woke up much too early, as it was still dark outside. She slipped out from under the covers, stumbling over to the mirror in the bathroom. Her shoulder burned. She pulled off the bandage, seeing the cut was red and inflamed. Most likely infected. Cursing under her breath, she grabbed Ryan's car keys and stepped out of the hotel room. Both boys remained asleep, Shane's snores sounding the engine of a fifty year old, broken tractor.

Finley drove to the nearest pharmacy, grabbing some ointment to take care of the wound. She paid, and headed back to the hotel. She snuck back into the room, making her way into the bathroom. She winced as the ointment stung against her skin. She gritted her teeth to avoid from crying out. That was when Ryan appeared in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, worried, closing the door and crouching down next to her.

"Yeah, just the cut began to hurt. It's probably just infected." She shuffled back into the room, and slid back into her covers.

"Oh, are you okay? Can I help?" he asked, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Get you Aspirin or something?" He was genuinely worried, although half asleep.

"Nah, go back to bed Ry," Finley pulled the covers around herself and yawned sleepily. "Also thanks for letting me use your car..." she closed her eyes and pulled the pillow closer to her face. Ryan sighed, then turned off the light again, collapsing on the pull out couch-bed and closing his eyes. But he lay awake for almost another hour, thinking about her. 

A/N: DUDES WE'RE ALMOST AT 1K READS MY MIND IS EXPLODED LIKE A WATERMELON WITH MANY RUBBER BANDS THANK YALLS