Friends in Anistar

Start from the beginning

Clemont lifted his Grass-Type up. "C'mon, Chespin, stop scaring Serena's Eevee, or you're going to pay dearly for it, so long as my little sister's Eevee has anything to say about it." The timid one was thankful, walking back toward Nic's Umbreon, who seemed to be one of the only other Pokemon the timid Eevee didn't mind.

"I'm positive Eevee will be used to everything soon," Serena brushed them off. "And will stop being such a scaredy-cat."

"Hey, there you are!" A voice interrupted them. The group all turned around to see Tierno, who was waving as he ran over to them with his Blastoise. "Long time no see, guys! I heard from Shauna you were traveling with all four Sawyer sisters, and whaddya know? She was right! Shauna? Shauna, hurry up!"

"I'm coming!" The brunette huffed as she also appeared with her Ivysaur. "Great to see you again!"

"Hi Tierno, Shauna!" Ash greeted them.

Nic averted her eyes, leaning into Silvally and Corviknight as she busied herself brushing their fur and his feathers. There was no need to cause a scene with the unnecessary attention that came with introducing herself to the newcomers, but she gave the two a polite wave, wanting to at least leave a good impression.

The boy, Tierno, walked over. "I've been practicing my dance moves for a while now, and Blastoise and I have a sick routine! It's not as good as the coordinator's shows, but we've got style! Check us out!" He started tapping his foot on the ground and snapping.

Then, his Blastoise pulled into its shell and began to use Rapid Spin. Tierno jumped into a handstand and began running (with his hands!) on Blastoise's fast-moving shell. Then they both jumped back to their feet with crossed arms.

"Pretty cool, right? Anyways, how's it going? Great to see you all again!"

"Your Wartortle evolved into a Blastoise," Ash noticed, looking at the large Water-Type.

Tierno grinned as Shauna ran over to them and began catching up with Serena and the sisters. "You bet," he said, "We've been practicing and battling for a while, just like I'm sure you have!"

"You're huge!" Bonnie exclaimed to the turtle Pokemon, who lifted her up with a smile.

Meanwhile, the girls had all said their hellos to Shauna and were currently talking about performing, with Shauna complementing the sisters' win for their last princess key and reminding Serena she needed to catch up quick if she wanted to compete in master class.

Braixen went to hug Ivysaur, with Pancham shaking the Pokemon's paw. Eevee just hid behind Bunnelby and its twin, though it looked like it wanted to try meeting the new Pokemon.

"I assume you've already got your routine and costume ready for tomorrow?" Shauan asked. "I'll be competing, you know, so you'd better offer me some good competition!"

"Yeah...," Serena replied nervously. "I-I totally am ready! And I'll win and become Kalos Queen in no time!"

"Bring it on," she challenged. "Anyways, what do you say, Ivysaur?" The Grass- and Poison-Type nodded.

"I can't believe both your and Tierno's starters evolved," the honey blonde remarked, scanning them for Pokedex entries. "As you can see Fennekin evolved into Braixen already."

Shauna nodded. "I can see. And those Eevee back there, is one of them yours?"

"Yep, recently caught, too. I was going to get both but it got snagged from me last minute by a kid."

"...You mean Bonnie?"

"Yeah..." Serena immediately changed the topic. "Eevee's a bit shy right now, so it hasn't been the most... agreeable lately." She motioned to it literally hiding behind Bunnelby, Umbreon, and the other of its species, walking over to pry the Normal-Type into her arms against its will and brought it over. "Eevee, this is Shauna, a fellow Pokemon coordinator. She's our competition, you know!"

Zenith shook her head and sighed, reaching up to scratch Star behind the ears as it dozed on her shoulder.

"I notice that you sisters all got Eevees- shiny Eevees might I add- as well, right? That means six possible evolutions... to think of all the performance possibilities! And don't you sisters already each have a few Eeveelutions on your teams?"

"Sure do!" Zenith affirmed. "I think Star's fine as an Eevee right now, but if she ever wants to evolve I'm here for her! Same with Espy and Glacey, they love her to bits!"

Bonnie finally came over to them. "And I'm still too young to battle with my Eevee, so it'll be staying unevolved until I turn ten, at least."

"Well I won't be leaving my Eevee in its weak form it has now. Once its toughened up a bit I'm sure it'll come to its senses and evolve into something strong and beautiful!" Serena declared.

"... Whatever you say, Serena," Shauna sighed. "Why don't we go grab something to eat? I'm starving, and since you guys just got to the city, I'm guessing you are too!"

Ash was about to say something, but then his stomach grumbled, causing everyone to laugh. "I really could go with some grub! Let's go!"

~

Next up: a timid Eevee begins to come out of its shell with the help of friends and its twin, and a battle between friends to prepare for the upcoming showcase and gym battle takes place!

Goodbye for now,

Zenith