Chapter 2

"GOLLLLLLL!" Isco and James both yelled as they ran to hug me.

"It was lucky." Cris argued.

"Bro it's been like 3 times this week that we've beat you. That soooo wasn't lucky!" I replied.

"Yeah yeah shut up." Cris said, rolling his eyes. So competitive. "Anyway. Guys we're watching reruns of Barça games at my house. Go shower and make sure you all actually show up."

The guys groaned in unison. Cris was getting pretty intense but the game was only a week away. Who could blame him? I wanted them to win too so I understood my brother's point of view.

"Guys i'll order pizza and then we all can go swimming after. Sound good?" I added, trying to help Cris out.

"I'm in." Isco said.

"Me too." Gareth and James added. Cris gave me a thankful smile and all the guys headed toward the locker room to shower and change.

Cris and I walked over his car and at first, it was silent. Not in a bad way, but i guess we were too tired to have a conversation. I was thinking about what I had to get out so the guys wouldn't be too hungry. My thoughts were interrupted by Cris' voice. "Lina, you did great today. Maybe you'll be as good as me one day." He joked, nudging my shoulder.

"Shut up i'm already kicking your ass, old man!" I teased back. We both laughed.

"So Isco talked to me today." Cris said, suddenly sounding serious.

"About?" I asked.

"You." He replied, bluntly. Well shit.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused to what he meant. What did Isco have to say about me?

"Well he started saying how great you were at football." Cris said, talking slowly, "And I said that yeah, you were actually really good. Then he started talking about you in general. How you have a nice personality and how you're beautiful and then he told me he liked you-"

"WHAT" I said, turning to him in shock.

"Take it easy baby!" He said, trying to keep his serious tone. "I told him you were off limits and that I'd kick his ass if he tried anything." Sounds like him.

"Good Lord Cris i still wanna be friends with him! He's my bestfriend. You probably scared him!" I said, face palming.

"You know how I feel about you dating Katalina." He said, half mad. I knew he was bothered when he used my full name. He always called me Lina, Kat, baby, brat, sis, but hardly ever Katalina.

"But why? I'm not planning on dating Isco but I just.. Why?" I asked, not knowing how to get my words out.

We got into the driveway and he put the car in park. He took a deep breath and leaned back.

"Because Lina. You're my little sister. I love you more than anything. Seeing you hurt by some guy would hurt me so much. After dad hurt you like that, I couldn't stand the idea of another guy doing the same. It's for your own good. Just.. Trust me." He said, closing his eyes on the last two words.

"Cris, dad cheating on mom and leaving isn't something that's like a boy heartbreak. It's completely different." I explained.

"It would hurt just the same." He said, grabbing my hand at this point. "Just listen to me. No guy is worth your tears. I don't want you crying for a guy the way you cried for dad. Plus, if you get another guy in your life, I don't wanna be left behind."

Ouch. That got me. "Cris, I get you. I won't do something you don't wanna do. Just know that if I do date someone or another guy catches my eye, you'll always be my number one." I said, pecking his cheek. He can't help but be his protective self sometimes.

••••••••••

"See how he performs better under pressure on his right side? If we push him to his left, he'll struggle a bit more." I heard Gareth explaining as they watched their third Barça game. "Leo's great under pressure though. So the less time he has the ball, the better. Also, forwards have to avoid Marc because he's actually pretty good on his feet." blah blah blah i'm so bored! I love Gareth but he was just as bad as Cris right now. Just as I turned my head away from the tv, someone caught my eye. Was he new? Neymar #11. I hadn't seen him play in these past 2 games we had watched.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Neymar." Marcelo answered. "The kid's new to Barça. He plays with me for the Brazilian team though. He's real nice. Very young though. Only 22."

"Why hasn't he played?" I asked, interested.

"He hurt his ankle. He was out for those games." Marcelo explained.

Wow. That was all I could think as I watched him play. He was great with his feet and he was very quick.

"Stopping that kid's gonna be a little harder." Sergio said. "By the looks of it, he's fast. Athletic too."

I zoned out and focused on him the whole time. When the camera zoomed in on him, I was in awe. He was attractive to say the very least.

"Lina. We're gonna go out to the pool already." Isco said, tapping me. I guess I was more spaced out than I thought.

"Oh okay! Let me go change into my bathing suit and I'll be right out." I said, excusing myself. Suddenly, I was excited for El Clasico and seeing Neymar play in person.