Chapter 10

I'm skipping all the details about her getting ready bc I'm not too good at describing that stuff. She has her hair straightened with simple makeup (eyeliner, some silver glitter eyeshadow, and nude lipstick). She's wearing the white dress with some silver heels.

I walked downstairs and saw my brother staring at the mirror trying to figure out his tie. He saw me through the reflection and turned around. "Wow," Was all he said, looking at me wide eyed, "You look.. Great."

"You don't look too bad yourself." I joked, "need some help with that tie?" He just nodded and laughed. I tied it and just like that, we were off to the dinner. We talked about pointless things the whole ride but of course, the talk with my dad was eating me up inside. We arrived through the back and luckily, there weren't too many people there yet. We were greeted at the door and they let us in. The whole place was gorgeous. Chandeliers everywhere, the tables decorated with tall vases and gorgeous flowers (not too tacky, of course) and royal blue table cloths with crystals along the edge. Everyone looked so elegant and even my very fixed up self felt out of place. I had a self esteem thing that I needed to work on if you couldn't tell.

"I have to do some talking with the press but some of the guys are over there." Cris said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah don't worry about it. I'll be with Isco." I said giving him a quick peck on the cheek and heading over to where my bestfriend was. I tapped on his shoulder and he looked at me wide eyed. Why the heck was everyone doing that?!

"Wow you look gorgeous." He said.

"You look pretty hot too." I said with a laugh. "So who's you end up bringing as your date?!" That may have came out a little too anxious. I just wanted to see what type of girls he was into now. He was considered a little bit of a flirt and pretty boy so any girl would say yes to him obviously.

"I actually came alone." He said. "But you wanna be my date? I mean unofficially of course." He added with a wink.

"Sorry buddy, I'm Cris's date." I laughed and nudged him playfully.

"They're auctioning off a date with him so I don't think you'll be his date for too long." He teased.

"Well when I'm no longer his date, I'll let you know." I teased back. It wasn't weird for us to talk like this and that's one of the many things I loved about our friendship. I was completely comfortable around him. "You've got to be kidding me." He said, catching me off guard.

"What?" I asked totally lost.

"Nothing just don't turn around." He said, tightening his jaw. He looked pretty mad, making me a little scared to turn around.

I slowly looked and right away knew why he was so bothered. Rafa had just arrived and was staring right in our direction. They locked eyes and I didn't know what to tell Isco so he wouldn't cause a scene this early. "So the stupid Brazilian thinks he's just gonna walk over here and win you back over."

"Look just calm down. Please. I don't want you to get into anything because of me." I said, grabbing his arm trying my best to keep him sane.

"Why the hell is he walking over here?" He asked, once again tightening his jaw. I didn't know what to do.

"Hey Lina. You look beautiful." Rafa said, throwing me a million dollar smile that made my heart skip a beat.

"Um thanks." I said, not sure how to respond.

"So, are you gonna let me have that conversation with you or did you change your mind?" He said, grabbing my hand.

"Uh maybe later." I said with a small smile.