Chapter 15

I woke up not remembering a thing that happened yesterday. I honestly didn't even remember falling asleep, but I knew that Marcelo and Sergio helped me out a lot for sure. I climbed out of my bed that was unusually unmade (I don't move too much when I sleep) and stepped on a shoe I didn't recognize as mine.

"What the-" I was cut off when I saw Marcelo and Sergio passed out on the floor with a few pillows and some blankets and my phone on the floor with a shattered screen. Slowly, everything started coming back to me. I was trying to talk through everything with these guys when my dad decided to call and I was so upset, I threw my phone on the ground. Maybe my mom was right, a few anger management tips here and there wouldn't hurt.

I picked it up and silently prayed it still worked. It did, and I was extremely lucky my brother had talked me into getting a glass screen protector because the actual screen didn't have a scratch. Thinking about that jerk made my blood boil and I know I shouldn't hold a grudge but I couldn't help it. Just thinking about yesterday's events made my chest tighten and I felt as if I was going to have an anxiety attack (which I haven't had in a few years). I plopped back down on my bed and tried breathing properly, counting always seemed to help. As soon as I felt somewhat okay, I tiptoed over to the door of my bedroom and went downstairs to look for food. I was hungry!

Of course, being the thoughtful person I was, I made some omelettes for Marcelo and Sergio as well. When I finished cooking, I washed all the dishes and headed back upstairs hoping the guys were awake. Right as I passed the door, I heard it open and my heart dropped to my stomach. I hoped I didn't see my brother but I guess the universe just hated me that much because there he was.

"Hey we need to talk." Cris said in a not so nice voice. I glared back at him and he looked a little taken back. "Look I'm sorry but you should've just listened to me. I know what I'm saying about that Neymar kid." I wasn't about to listen to any of this so I just rolled my eyes and headed back up to my room.

I couldn't even eat what I made because Cris made me so upset. "Hey guys," I announced walking in and waking them up, "I made you all food. I'm going running." And with that, I walked out of the house and into my car.

It was dark and unusually cloudy outside so I slipped on Neymar's long sleeved shirt to keep myself warm if it started to rain. Lucky for me, I brought my waterproof case so not having music was no problem if it started raining.

••••••••••••••••

I was on mile 4 when I felt someone running behind me. It was lightly drizzling outside which made me get lost in my thoughts even more, so I didn't really know how long this person had been behind me. I sped up my pace to see if whoever it was would take the hint. They didn't, of course, because I felt them right behind me once again. I sped up even more and the same thing happened. I was definitely annoyed, there was nothing I hated more than someone running near me. I don't know why, it just made me uncomfortable. I turned around and not so politely said "Do you mind running ahead? It kind of bugs me when people are too close." I couldn't see who it was but I knew he was a male in a black hoodie and running shorts. He looked up and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his face.

"Hey there Kat, how's it going?" His voice gave me chills up my spine and I couldn't seem to breathe right.

"Luke.." I choked out. "What are you doing here?" This running trail wasn't exactly a place everyone knew about and that's why I liked it so much.

"Just heard you run around here and I figured if the best trains here, I should give it a try too." He explained. He smiled and held his arms out. "I don't get a hug from you now?"