Chapter 7

I walked outside and right away I noticed how different the atmosphere was. Now instead of fun and playful, the guys were drunk and stupid. I looked over at the pool and sure enough, there were Sergio and Isco playing chicken fight. I don't know what was funnier: them trying to stay balanced because of how drunk they were or them struggling to knock each other off.

"So are you gonna have a drink too?" Marcelo asked.

Cris didn't like for me to even think about drinking so the few times I did, he wasn't around. "Don't worry. He's drunk too. He won't know. Just take a few shots and loosen up kid." Marcelo tried convincing me, basically reading my mind. Letting loose did sound fun.

"What the hell" I thought, and I downed 2 shots without a second thought.

"Dammit kid. Someone can hang, now can't she?" Marcelo laughed.

We walked to the pool and now it was Cris and Sergio playing chicken fight. Isco was sitting on the edge just smiling and talking as much as a drunk person could possibly talk. These guys were probably the funniest drunks you could be around. I sat near Gareth who was almost sober and talked to him. He was just about the only one who wasn't slurring all of his words. He asked where I had been do I explained the whole Cris story and he looked at me like he felt sorry for me.

"Look, you know what might help you out?" He smirked, "drink this." He said as he offered me what was in his red solo cup.

"Um I better not. Alcohol isn't really my thing and Cris wouldn't be too happy." I said, hesitating.

"Didn't you just finish telling me how mad you were cause he always told you what to do? Take a few risks, girl! Just let loose and have fun tonight. He might be too drunk to remember anyway." Gareth convinced.

I took the red cup and chugged the drink. I don't know what the hell was in there but it was strong. Mine and Gareth's conversation somehow ended up going from how hard conditioning was to what I was looking for in a guy.

"Well I just want someone who'll put up with my stupid self. I just don't wanna rush anything honestly. I don't think I'm ready to date again. Love isn't my thing."

"What about that Neymar kid?" Gareth asked a little too loudly.

"Shhhh!" I panicked, looking around to see if anyone had heard, "How'd you know about him?"

"Your phone went off and I saw his name."

"Oh crap." I said almost jumping out of the pool. I left my phone on the table.

"Don't worry kid." He said, grabbing my arm, "I turned off your phone and put it in my bag. But can I know what the hell's going on?"

"Nothing. I met him at El Clasico and he asked for my number cause he wanted to hang out. But I thought it over and I don't think I'm gonna go for it. Love isn't my thing and he'll just get hurt."

"Hey, don't think that because that dumbass screwed you over that love isn't your thing. You just have to find the right guy." He said, pretty serious. "You know, I've always thought you and Isco would be good together but now I see how awkward it would be, honestly."

I laughed a little at the thought of me dating Isco. It didn't make sense to me.

"Hey I'll be right back. I have to go call my sister really quick. She's visiting and I think her flight landed already."

"Alright." I said. It was nice to see that Gareth cared about his sister as much as Cris cared for me. I hopped out of the pool and sat on the edge with only my legs in.

I felt someone scoot over and put their head on my shoulder kind of roughly. I turned and it was no other than the idiot I call my best friend.

"Isco, you smell like beer." I complained. I didn't mind alcohol too much but the smell of beer grosses me out.

"Heeeeeey I haven't even drank that muchhhh." He slurred. Good Lord, I hated dealing with drunk people, especially guys.

"Shut up or go drink something to get that smell out of your mouth." I was kinda bossy with him but he learned to deal with it.

"Hey don't get maddddd." He said with a stupid smile on his face, putting his arm around my shoulders. "I miss you bestfrrrriendddd. You left me for that stupid Brazilian."

"Rafa? Isco, that was a long time ago." He had never really gotten over me choosing to date Rafa but I can't exactly blame him.

"Just don't leave again okaaaay?" He said, wrapping both arms around me. His head was still on my shoulder and I honestly felt like pushing him away and going inside annoyed but I didn't cause I felt nice as well.

"Okay I won't but you can't hug me while your breath smells like that." I said, pushing him away. Good excuse right?

"I might be a bit drunk but I still know what you're doing. Get lost Isco." I heard Cris say as he walked toward us. Isco just laughed and jumped back into the pool.

"Hey.." He said, carefully.

"Hi." I replied dryly.

"Look I'm sorry for.. Well there's a lot. But I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise. I hate when you're mad at me. But I thought you'd get why I'm like this with you. You're my princess, you deserve the world and then some. I just don't like bad people in your life. You don't need that. I don't know."

"Come here." I said helping him out of the pool, into the house. I took him over to my favorite picture of us. "Look at that picture. Who's in it?"

"You and I." He said quietly.

"And that's how it's always gonna be. I don't care if we fight or if someone new comes into my life, it'll always be you and me.  We're a team remember bro?" I said.

The look of happiness in his eyes made me feel so warm and happy. I know I hated how protective he was sometimes but I loved him anyway.

"You're wise beyond your years kid. I love you." He said looking at me like I just said the best thing in the world.

I just laughed and hugged him. "I love you too kid." I got a laugh out of him for the last word I used. "You think the guys forgot that you all have that dinner tomorrow? Cause the way they're drinking, they're gonna be pretty drained out."

"Oh crap!" Cris said, "I forgot about that!" Of course he did. See what the dinner is, all teams are getting together for a dinner just to show that football brings people together even if they're on separate teams. The money for the tickets to get in goes to a charity and they have lots of things going on throughout the night to help raise money.

We walked outside to see the guys still going at it. "Hey! Get out of the pool already guys. We have the dinner tomorrow and I don't want anyone skipping cause they were too hung over." He called out.

The guys got out and were about to go inside.

"NOPE!" I yelled, blocking the door. "You guys are soaking wet. Sit down here until you dry off. I'll go get you some water so you're not all hung over tomorrow."

"Wait! What are we supposed to do until we dry off?!" Marcelo called out before I had a chance to close the door.

"Tell each other your secrets, I don't know?" I yelled.

I went inside and got a lot of water out of the fridge. I set all the bottles down on our counter and walked over to the hall closet. I got out the "not so good" towels and made a path so they wouldn't get the floor wet at all. Boy was I smart. Next, I pulled out some blankets so they would be comfortable wherever they decided to sleep.

"Okay. It's fine for you all to come inside now." I said, poking my head outside.

All the guys walked in and picked up a bottle of water.

"You all can change but let me get to my room first. We can have a movie night after everyone's done." I said.

"Hey wait! Here's your phone." Gareth half yelled. "Might wanna check it. You're pretty popular."

I took it and left upstairs. I had a few notifications I cared about but two of them stood out to me the most. I had a missed call from my dad and a Twitter DM from Rafa.