Chapter 6

It was already around 7 and these guys were still not tired. How do they manage to play a whole match and still run around like little kids?! My brother was acting kind of weird around me now. I couldn't quite figure out why though. I thought maybe it had something to do with Isco but they seemed fine. Just as I was drifting off, getting lost in my thoughts, someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Hey can I talk to you? Alone?" Cris asked.

"Sure bro." I answered, as we walked to the empty patio area.

"Okay well Lina.. I know you're not stupid. You caught my celebration at the game today right?" He said in a hushed voice.

"Yeaaaaah?" I said, confused.

"I celebrated that way to show you that my goal was for you. That match was for you. My whole career is basically for you. And mom. But I just want you to remember that everything I do is for your own good okay?" He explained.

"Cris you're scaring and confusing me. Just spit it out." I said a little rudely.

"I called dad and told him off today before the game. I called him a no good sorry excuse for a man. I told him that he was the reason I didn't trust any guy for you. And that he was a dumbass for not only walking out on mom but for leaving an amazing daughter like you." He said.

"Cris seriously? There was no need for tha-" I started.

"But wait it gets better." Cris added sarcastically.

"Oh gosh." I exhaled.

"Your Twitter is logged into my phone. And this morning, you got a message from Rafa. He wanted your number because he lost it. He says he made a mistake when he let you go and that he wanted to try again. So I told him to fuck off and find another girl cause you weren't interested. then I deleted the message so you wouldn't see it." He finished.

I sat there not knowing what to say. Rafinha Alcantara and I unofficially dated for a year until he got bored and left. Obviously, Cris had every reason to talk to him that way but he had no right to do it behind my back.

Backstory to how we met:
We had a long history. We met the summer I went to go visit my grandparents in Brazil. I was 14 and they sent me to a training camp there because I loved football. I met Rafa on the first day while playing in a scrimmage. He seemed impressed, to say the least, after I nutmegged him and scored. So he came up to me after and asked me about myself. We kept talking and then it just progressed.

I was thinking so hard about what to say, I didn't realize i hadn't answered Cris.

"Lina. Answer me." Cris said slowly.

"What do you want me to say? That you treat me like a baby and always want to make my choices for me? What if I wanted to talk to dad or date Rafa again? It's not your choice and it's not your life! You always say that your career is for me but that's not true. All I am is your shadow. You don't put me before yourself or your pride. Just leave me alone!" I yelled as I ran upstairs to my room. I slammed the door behind me and buried my head in my pillows.

I might've been a little harsh but Cris really did treat me like a kid all the time. I was so tired of just being "cristiano ronaldo's sister" and not being able to do what I want. I was so frustrated, I dozed off.

••••••••••••••••••••

"Linaaaa." I heard a low voice say. Someone was shaking my shoulder gently. "Hey wake up." They said, laughing a little. I looked up and saw Marcelo's crazy hair before I noticed anything else.

"Your eyes are puffy. Why were you crying?" He asked, suddenly serious.

"It's stupid." I said, laughing a bit to lighten up the situation.

"No it's not kiddo. What's up?" He asked, now sitting on the edge of my bed. I never really saw a serious Marcelo so I felt weird the few times I did.

"Well Cris told off my dad and then he told Rafa to 'fuck off and find another girl' because I wasn't interested. And I don't know, I got mad cause he's always doing that. I'm still a baby to him and it pisses me off." I said kinda fast.

"Rafa? Like the Rafa that acted like a little bitch and left you? Why in the world would you want him when you could have someone like Neymar I mean-"

"Wait what did you say??!" I cut him off.

"About what?" He said, trying to play it off.

"About Neymar. How'd you know?" I asked.

"He was telling me about it earlier. He texted me asking if I knew you and then we carried a conversation from there. The kid's pretty nice and I think he really likes you." he said.

"Can't like someone you barely know." I said, sighing.

"Well look," he said, swinging his arm around my shoulder, "Rafa's okay but he left. He's a complete dick for that even if he did realize his mistake. He had his chance so why not give Neymar his? Just try it." I smiled and nodded, relaxing because I had someone to talk to about this. Cris would've flipped if I had told him any of this. "So no more crying. The guys got drinks so most of them are staying over. Cris didn't want them driving home. Party's still going on if you wanna come down."

"I don't knoooow." I said, debating if I should go down.

"Ever seen a drunk Sergio and Isco play chicken fight in the pool?" He asked, getting a laugh out of me.

I had to see this.