Chapter 11

My morning consisted of baby sitting some very hung over, very loud men. I spent maybe 2 hours getting them stuff so they wouldn't have too bad of a headache but I doubt it helped with how much they drank.

"Dammmit little girl. What the hell do you do to not get hungover??" Marcelo asked in a very annoyed voice.

"It's called drinking water, stupid. I don't know how many times I've told you guys that." I responded.

"Ughhhhh." Marcelo groaned, "stop yelling!" I just laughed and walked away.

I snook up to my room and changed into some comfortable, kind of presentable clothes. I was going to hang out with Rafa today. After I got home last night, I replied to his message and somehow ended up agreeing to going over to his apartment today. I know for a fact Cris would be mad that we're hanging out there but I definitely didn't want to go out in public and get put on a magazine cover walking with Rafa.

I walked downstairs in some black nike exercise pants, a Real Madrid tshirt, and some white nike's. That was good enough right? Anyway, just as I thought I was in the clear to sneak out without anyone noticing, I heard someone call my name pretty loudly behind me.

"Hey, where are you going?" Cris asked.

"Man, I was almost out," I thought. "Just hanging out with Megan today." I answered quickly.

"Okay but don't be out late." He nagged.

"Okay father." I replied sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes with just as much attitude and I couldn't help but laugh. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and walked out the door. As soon as the door closed behind me, I exhaled a sigh of relief. I can't believe I lied to Cris. But anyway, just to be on the safe side, I texted Megs to make sure she was in on my little lie.

Me: Hey, if anything, I'm with you ok?

Megs: gotcha cuz. 😘 can I know what you're really doing tho?

Me: visiting an old friend. but Cris doesn't need to know, got it?

Megs: yes ma'am. we're currently having a girls day as far as I'm concerned. 😉

Me: you're the best! love you! ❤️

••••••••••••••••••••

I arrived at Rafa's house with a huge knot in my stomach. Why in the world did I agree to this? I didn't want to have feelings for him again but something told me that they were never gone to begin with. I slowly made my way to the front door and was greeted by a very happy Rafa.

"Hey gorgeous, come in!" He greeted. He closed the door behind him and walked me over to the living room.

"Look you don't have to be nice to me. I mean I only agreed to this cause.. Well I don't know why I did but-" I started.

"Yeah well I do know why. It's cause you still care for me just like I care for you." He interrupted.

"Look I thought we were just going to be friends." I said, trying to hint that a friendship was all I wanted.

"Can't be friends with someone you're in love with." He said.

"Okay well if you're gonna keep saying stuff like that, I'm not sticking around." I said, turning and walking toward the door. I felt a semi-strong grip on my arm and before I knew it, I was inches away from Rafa's face.