Chapter 8

I dropped my phone on my bed and paced around my room. What was I gonna do??! I decided to read Rafa's message first. Typing seemed a lot easier than talking at this moment.

"140 characters isn't enough to tell you how sorry I am. Please let me call you?" I hesitated but I typed my number and sent it. A few seconds later, my phone lit up with Rafa's number I assumed.

"I can't believe you actually let me call you." Was the first thing he said. His voice was the same as I remember it. I got chills hearing him speak but I also got a lump in my throat and I felt like crying.

"Well here I am. So talk." I said.

"Look Lina. I know how bad I screwed up. I regret it every day. You were the only girl who knew me. And I did love you, a lot actually. And I think I still might. I know it's stupid of me to try but I can't stop thinking about you."

"Oh that's why you dated all those sluts after you left me right? Cause you loved me? I forgot." I said calmly.

"I was a mess after I left you, honestly. I dated all these girls but none of them gave me the same feeling you did. I started drinking, going out a lot, and I didn't care about anything. But I'm still not happy because I need you. You're my missing piece of happiness."

"It's not gonna be that easy. Do you even know what you did to me? You're stupid if you think saying sorry's gonna cut it." I snapped.

"I know that. I'm willing to work for your love. Just give me the chance. Please." He begged, "Are you going to the dinner tonight?"

"I might be." I said.

"Good! Let's talk in person. Just hear me out. Please."

"Whatever Rafa." And with that, I hug up. Now for my dad. His call would have to wait.

I showered really quick and changed into pajamas. I went downstairs where the guys were already surrounded by food and were about to put in "Captain America."

"Hey we saved you a spot!" Marcelo called. My spot was on the couch between him and Cris. I sat down and tried to relax but failed due to the pending call to my dad. The movie ended and they put on another, and another, and another. Until most of the guys were asleep. The only ones awake were me, Gareth, Marcelo, James, and Sergio.

"Hey guys," I whispered, "let's go to my room. I'm not tired at all and I could use a drink or two." That sounded more fun that staying awake, stressing over my dad calling.

We all quietly went upstairs and closed the door to my room.

"Your drink, ma'am." James said, handing me what smelled like Ciroc and some tropical stuff I didn't recognize. I chugged it down.

"Hey, slow down. It's only 1 am. We still have a while for a few drinks. Don't want you to get sick, being a lightweight and all." Sergio said with a smirk.

"I wouldn't test it. This little girl isn't as innocent as you think. She can probably out drink all of us here." Marcelo said half laughing.

"Well I don't know about you two but I'm gonna crash out right here." Gareth said, lying on the floor.

"Same here." James added.

Sergio, Marcelo, and I stayed sitting on my bed.

"So what's on your mind, kiddo?" Sergio asked once we were sure that the two on the floor were snoring.