TeN { puzzle }

Boredom made everything hard. Every day felt long as fuck, but at the same time, once night came, it was as if the day went by after only a few minutes. Taehyung really lost count of how long it'd been since his last escape attempt; how long it'd been since Jungkook brought him here; how long it'd been since he last saw or talked to anyone new.

Taehyung gave up on running away a while ago. Sure, he chose to "play nice" and run eventually, but really, what was the point? Playing along or fighting, he would suffer anyways. Every tactic of his was useless, since there was always a high likelihood of only being granted suffering in the end—and in the beginning, and in the middle.

It was only when Taehyung realized he was settling in well with Jungkook that homesickness sank its claws in the back of his mind.

It was the same feeling he got when his parents saw him off to college and he was left to his own devices for the first time, but his uneasiness that time was temporary; he knew he would see his parents again. He got over it and hasn't experienced such a burden since. 

Now that feeling was coming back all over again, and so much heavier than it had been before. Not to mention the disheartening realization that he would never get to leave Jungkook, that he would really never get to see his parents or friends again—it hit him like a sack of bricks. He would have to settle into his new "home," with dejection and misery beside him.

When Jungkook found Taehyung in the living room after cleaning up the kitchen from lunch, he bursted into laughter, tempted to pull out his phone and capture the hilarious sight.

Taehyung was "sitting" on the couch upside down. He was on his back, feet swung over the back of the couch, his head hanging off of the edge, giving himself an upside down view of the TV.

"What on Earth are you doing?" he asked.

"Watching TV."

Jungkook sat down next to him, still laughing. "Why are you laying like that?"

"It feels good."

His laughter abruptly died out. "What do you mean?"

"I like the feeling of blood rushing to my head. Makes me dizzy and my ears ring, but it's kinda nice."

Jungkook snorted, rolling his eyes. "Can you sit up properly please?"

"Why?" he asked, defiant.

"Because I asked you to."

Taehyung sighed as he sat upright and turned to face the TV again. He tucked his legs beneath himself, making his frame smaller beside Jungkook.

"Do you want to rent a movie?" Jungkook suggested.

"No thanks," he said. "Naked and Afraid is on next. I like that show."

Jungkook frowned. He tilted his head to put himself closer to Taehyung's line of focus. Taehyung still paid him no mind. Jungkook suddenly snatched the remote from the coffee table and shut off the TV, silencing the commercial's PSA on erectile dysfunction medication. Taehyung rolled his eyes, biting back his initial reaction to verbally protest.

"Pay attention to me," Jungkook said. Taehyung looked at him, jaw tense.

"What."

"Stop ignoring me," he whined.