[33]

~𝙲𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝙾𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚐~

My alarm blares in my ears and I groan at the annoying, pestering sound. I turn over under my comforter and reach out to grab my phone, pressing the stop button on my alarm and a wave of silence falls over my bedroom.

When I open my phone, I have over a thousand notifications on Instagram and even a few messages from Tom. "Nothing stays private for long." He sent along with a link to an article.

I open the link to find a story labeled: "Tom Holland's New Mystery Girl- Secretary To Lover" and I cant help but laugh at how they phrased it. People will do anything for entertainment nowadays.

Farther down the article, there are pictures upon pictures of Tom and I. There is even a picture of us at the gala and they circled in red how his hand was on top of mine.

"They were seen at each other's sides all throughout the night and there was definitely some chemistry going on!" The writer of the article doesn't even know half of what was going on that night.

"The two were later seen leaving the gala early together and one can only wonder where they went." My eyes widen and I shake my head. These people really know how to twist a story.

Then there are some pictures of us dancing at the club and even one of us kissing on the dance floor. "These pictures are just proof that they are for sure together! Waiting for the announcement, Tom!" And that is how they ended the article.

I pull up Tom's contact and message back with a laughing emoji and saying, "I guess not."

I am about to put my phone down when I remember the notifications from Instagram. When I open my account I see that my following count has gone up to almost eight thousand followers and last time I checked, I had three thousand.

I also see that I'm tagged in multiple posts about Tom and I and there are even fan edits rolling in of me and multiple comments saying that "I didn't know my husband was cheating" or "leave her alone, Tom can date who he wants."

I immediately turn off my notifications, but make a mental note to at least like the sweet posts about us. I go about my morning routine, getting ready for work and heading out for the coffee shop as I hope things at least stay remotely normal.

While I am ordering Tom's usual dark coffee, I keep feeling like there is always eyes on me. I try and just shake it off, taking on the task at hand.

I make my way back to the office, grabbing my things from my car and heading into the lobby. Once I get in there, Elizabeth and Noelle immediately wave their hands frantically, wanting me to come over faster.

I practically jog up to the front desk and when I get there, Abby pops up from behind them. "You didn't tell us that you two kissed!" Noelle exclaims, but in a whisper.

"Yeah, that's totally nuts!" Elizabeth chimes in, scooting back in her chair with a smirk.

"I can't believe you two are dating." Abby says with a soft smile before jumping up and down and coming over to hug me.

I let out a quiet laugh once she pulls away and I begin to clock in for work. "Sorry I didn't tell you guys. I was just waiting until I knew for sure where Tom and I stood."

"It's fine, we're just so happy for you, Y/n!" Abby says, bringing her hands together in excitement.

"Thanks guys." I say with a wide smile and giving a small wave before picking up the coffees again and heading towards the elevators.

I don't know why, but getting congratulated and stared at and feeling like there is so much attention on me feels really strange. I've always wanted to become an actress, but the spotlight terrifies me.

I take in a long breath while heading into my office and setting my things down. I peak out and see Haz's office door opened like usual and a smile forms on my lips.

I knock on the opened door and lean against the doorframe. "Hey. Can I sit for a second?" I ask and Haz looks up from his computer with his usual understanding expression.

"Of course. This seat has your name on it." He nods over to the seat that is closest to him and I gratefully take it.

"All of the attention taking a toll on you?" He asks after a few seconds of silence between us.

"That obvious?" I ask with a short laugh.

"Mm, kind of. Or maybe I just know you well enough to know the difference of when you're okay and when you aren't." He says with a side smirk as he leans back in his chair.

"Maybe." I return the smile and close my eyes for about a minute. "Does this get easier? Feeling like your every move is being watched?"

"It's easier when you have someone else to hide with." Haz nods towards Tom's office and I look down at my hands, my cheeks growing warm as I remember what Charlie and I talked about last night.

"You're right. Thanks, Haz." I say as I get up from my seat and head over towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I lean down and friendly kiss his cheek. "Don't forget to call Charlie today."

I pull away from him and as I leave, his lips are turned into the widest smile. I let out a quiet chuckle and grab Tom's coffee from my desk before heading to his office.

I knock lightly on the door and a few seconds later, he opens the door and pulls me close to him, kissing the top of my head. "Well good morning. Someone is in a happy mood." I say with a smile.

"I'm just glad I don't have to keep any secrets." Tom says, grabbing the coffee cup from my hands. "Thank you." He heads over towards his desk, setting the cup over a coaster.

"I'm glad there aren't any secrets, too. Speaking of which, I told my parents about us last night. I wanted them to hear it from me before it was too late."

"I told my parents, as well. I'm not going to lie, they were pretty surprised that I was dating someone. I guess they thought I had lost my game." He lets out a laugh and I can see the genuine happiness in his eyes.

"You did lose your game, Mr. Holland. Lucky for you, I just don't like games." I tease, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Mhm, okay. Whatever you say." He gives a playful roll of his eyes. "Hey, how about I take you on a real date tonight." He suggests.

Excitement fills every part of my body and I try and hide the fact that my heart is racing at a million kilometers per hour. "I would love that."

"I'll pick you up at seven, then. Wear something nice, but casual."

"Yes, sir." I let out with a wide smile before giving him a quick kiss and leaving his office feeling like I am up in the clouds.
~ ~ ~
The word is out! I can't wait for their first date and also when they get to meet the fam :')

Also, the pic is supposed to be of Y/n and Haz which is super cute and I can't wait to build up their friendship in the story.

AND!! If you're reading this, please go check out my new story Masked! I'm really proud of the idea and I get more creative in that story.

Alright I think that's it! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!

I'll catch y'all in the next chapter <3

~Aidan