[46]

~𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜~

"You remind me of him."

"Of who?"

"My brother." I meet Haz's icey blue eyes, a small side smile on my lips. His head moves in a way that shows a mix of sadness, sympathy, and a bit of happiness.

"Is that a good thing?" He asks with a gentle tone, rubbing his hands gently on my arms.

I begin to choke up, my throat warning me that tears were about to spill at an obnoxiously high rate. I'm just glad I decided to wear waterproof mascara today. It's probably because of my period. I let out a soft sigh, allowing the tears to fall.

"A really good thing." I grab a tighter grip on him, him taking me in closer to himself. His tall figure makes it so my head is resting on the lower part of his chest, but that's what it felt like with Alex, too.

"It sounds like you really love him."

"I do. I miss him a lot even though I've had a lot of time to grieve."

"Everyone grieves at their own pace, you don't need to rush, darling. Tom is still grieving, too. Everyone close to Harry still is I think." Haz looks down for a moment, releasing his grip on me.

"I've asked Tom before if I could watch the videos they've had together, but it's still too painful for him." I shrug my shoulders and wipe the tears from my cheeks, really wishing I could've gotten to know Tom's brother. He sounds like a really sweet guy.

"I'll ask Tom if I can show you. Or if he's ready yet. You would've loved him and he would've loved you, I'm sure!" He lets out a soft chuckle seeming to remember an old memory with Harry, one that must've hurt to remember, but also brought a lot of joy.

"Thank you." I smile again, this time out of pure joy. "I'm sure he would be so proud of the man you've become in these past few years."

"Between you and I, I think he would be jealous of me being with Charlie." He gives me a small wink and we both break down into laughter.

"She is quite the catch." I giggle, so happy that this man that I thought could be my soulmate is ending up with my soul sister. Okay maybe I didn't think Harrison and I were soulmates, but I would have dropped everything and married him if he had said the word. No questions asked. That was before Tom, though.

"I should get back to the phone. Thanks again, Haz." I give him one last tight hug before taking off with a weight lifted off my shoulders.

*Tom's POV*

Even though she had just left, I wish I could hold her in my arms again. After what happened with Z, I didn't know how she would respond, but she responded exactly the way I should have expected. Her kindness and understanding still amazes me.

I think back to the job I had gotten her an audition for.  I hadn't told her that if she got the part that she would be filming in America. I also hadn't told her that I would put myself back in acting and would be going for the male role in the film.

I assumed if she didn't get the part, I would hold off on the audition. If she did get the part, then I could work my magic and get us to be able to go together. That's my plan, anyway.

She's in the other room and still I can feel the pain in my heart as it tugs to get closer to her. I can barely concentrate on my work when she shows me so much vulnerability. Showing that's she's not afraid to care about herself or me is something that makes me even more in love with her.

I realize that I forgot to send her the script for the audition, being the complete fool in love cliché that I am. Frantically, I forward over the script to her and even through the walls, I can hear her very faint squeal of excitement.

I can imagine her now. Standing up from her chair, staring out at the view for a few seconds as she gains her composure. She'll quiet herself down but then will do her little victory wiggle dance thing that makes me go completely insane, especially when she does so in one of my old t-shirts. After her little dance, she'll immediately print the script.

To my not so much surprise, I hear the machine in the other room begin to start up.

After she has that script in her hands, she's going to recite those lines like her life depends on it while simultaneously doing her work for the company here. She has a marvelous way of multitasking which I wish I had the ability to do.

You may be wondering what will happen to the company if I go off with Y/n to America. I've thought about this for a really long time now. What would I do if I got back into acting? And whenever the thought popped into my head, my right hand man always seemed to show up. There is no doubt in my mind that Haz would take over the CEO role while I am gone.

I must admit, however, that I'm not sure if I am ready to act again, or ever really. I also want Y/n to have her time in the spotlight, not put it on myself. She deserves so much more than that.

I faintly hear the mumbled words of the love of my life practicing for her dream to come true. I simply melt away at the sound of her passion and the little exasperations she makes when she gets a line wrong.

I find myself walking over to the wall connected to hers, placing my ear against it and listening with a smile dancing across my lips. That's my girl.

Suddenly, Haz waltzes into my office and I jolt away from the wall in complete shock. "Damn it, mate! You scared me!" I place a hand on my chest, moving away from the wall as my heart pounds in my chest.

"Sorry, bro." He lets out a soft chuckle, looking from me to the wall and vice versa. "Listening to her practice?" He asks.

"How'd you know?" I roll my eyes, crossing my arms in front of me.

"Lucky guess." He returns the gesture by rolling his own eyes with his usual prank scheming smile. "I also found another way for us to grow the business while you could be in America if the acting thing falls through."

"You read my mind." I perk up, intently listening as there is nothing else that I would rather do than show my girlfriend around the United States which she has never seen. "I'm listening."

"Okay so...."

*Y/n's POV*

These lines aren't even that hard, but I feel like I'm not getting the emotions right. My character, Arabella, is supposed to be the one who is brought along on the mission of the main characters who are actually love interests.

Once they reach the end, the gang are supposed to meet another character once they've reached the point of safety from the illness causing the zombie apocalypse. He's supposed to be the one who Arabella lets her guard down for since she's very cold and sarcastic, most likely from the trauma.

He leads the gang into this paradise and the two are basically assumed to have ended up together. Sounds kind of familiar once I think about it.

The scene for the audition is the one where she meets this character, Max. I guess they chose it because it should show the trauma Arabella has gone through without knowing much about her and her character development. "Immersing yourself" as Tom would say.

"So this is paradise, huh? So homey." I try to sound sarcastic, but it just doesn't come out right. "Ugh! Not like that!" I press my palm against my forehead before I get a brilliant idea.

Who better to learn how to be cold and sarcastic to a potential love interest from than my one and only personal asshole?
~ ~ ~
Writing in Tom's pov again was probably the most fun I've had in a while (pathetic I know lmao!) I hope y'all enjoyed seeing into his thoughts, especially about Y/n.

Thank you all so much for reading and writing comments because seeing what you guys think of the story, or your funny little comments or puns that I didn't even think about really makes my day.

Catch y'all in the next chapter <3

~Aidan