[4]

~𝘔𝘳. 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥~

My eyes widen, staring at my new boss that I completely insulted when we last interacted. "Is there something on my face?" Mr. Holland asks with narrowed eyes and an annoyed voice. Welp, we're starting this off great.

"No, sir. Here is your coffee, Mr. Holland." I go to hand him his cup and he grips it in his big hands reluctantly.

There is no thank you that follows our interaction or any words at all really which causes me to give a small smile in waiting. Still nothing. Man, this guy might be my boss but that doesn't change the fact that he really is a jerk.

"This is your new secretary, the woman I talked to you about." Mr. Osterfield tries to break the ice, obviously sensing the tension in the room.

I zone out for a few seconds as I look around at the huge office. There are black and white pictures lining the walls and leather couches, even a liquor cart with an ice bucket in the corner. There is a freshly cleaned rug under the couches, looking like I would sink right into it if I stepped on it in these heels.

I look back to Mr. Holland as his harsh voice states, "sit." He motions his head towards the couches and I happily oblige, needing to get off my feet. "Now stand." He says again causing my head to spin. What did he just say? I let out a mental chuckle of disbelief. He did not just- ha, okay then.

I reluctantly stand up, my ankles throbbing. "Sit." He says again and I sit once more. What is this man up to? "Listens to orders. Good." Excuse me, what? I'm not a dog for you to command.

Mr. Holland looks at me while pacing in the room and fixing the cuff links of his suit jacket. He definitely does not look like he did in that store, if he did I would have kept my mouth shut.

Harrison shoots me a pitiful glance and I want to tell him that he is the one that got me into this mess, but who knows maybe this will be a humbling experience and Mr. Osterfield is still my superior.

Mr. Holland takes a long sip of the coffee, no expression of pleasure or distaste afterwards, just his straight face like in the photo in the lobby.

He speaks nothing of the boutique incident, he doesn't really speak at all. Mr. Holland shoots a glance at Harrison, telling him just with his eyes that he should leave.

"Of course. Have a good first day, Miss y/l/n." Harrison says with a small smile and I nod my head slightly before giving him a quick thank you.

"Your office is right next to mine and you will stay there unless you are on your break or I call you elsewhere. You forward all calls to me, do not give too much interaction to the caller unless I am busy. You will attend all necessary events with me and keep track of my schedule. You will bring me my coffee everyday using the special company card you will be given by me which will lead the price back for me to pay. You may get coffee for yourself but with your own money, not using this company card. I will call you if these plans change. Yes, I have your number from your resume." He takes a breath after spilling all of this on me and I try and take note on all of his key points.

He talks so plainly, like he's talking to an inferior human being, like I am less than him. I want to speak up about it and let my temper control me, but I remember how I need this job and that I'm lucky enough to still have it after what happened two days ago.

"Do you understand, Miss y/l/n?" Those deep brown eyes seem to strike into my soul just like the picture, but in person it's even more frightening.

"Yes, sir." I respond, determined to keep my composure. His dark figure walks to his desk in long strides, picking up a large folder.

"I need you to stamp all of these with the accepted stamp that will be in your desk. Each paper must have the stamp." He places the heavy folder in my arms, causing me to stammer a little bit at first while I stand up from the couch.

"Your office is to the right of mine." That's the last thing he tells me before I leave his office with a heavy heart.

"Thank you, Mr. Holland." I say, but nothing else comes from his lips.

After I close the door, I let out a long sigh. Of course every first day has its ups and downs, but not every first day is under an incredibly intimidating yet dull boss.

Something about Mr. Holland just makes me want to curl up into a ball yet scream at him at the same time.

I just am choosing to title him with two words: complicated and infuriating.

I open the door to my new office, my eyes widening at the beautiful view out of my window of the city. It is a bit smaller than Mr. Holland's office, but is still so lavish with one leather couch and a desk and even some fake plants which makes it totally legit.

I walk over towards my dark wooden desk, setting down the folder knowing that this is most likely my only assignment for today since this is going to take me awhile.

"The least he's could've said was 'thank you.'" I mumble under my breath while shooting a glance towards the wall that would lead to his office, taking a seat in my incredibly comfortable chair.

"But I can't be mad at all of this." I let out in a sigh, closing my eyes. When I open them again, I see the massive pile of papers on my desk.

I let out yet another long sigh before rummaging through the desk's drawers, finding a large stamp with green ink saying "ACCEPTED" which must be for the acting applications.

I look down at the first paper seeing Mr. Holland's signature at the bottom along with Mr. Osterfield's. Mr. Holland's is condensed and curved, yet so satisfying at the same time. I let out a soft chuckle. "That is nothing like him."

Anyway, I then look to Harrison's which is thin and in perfect cursive. I smile just looking at it before shaking my head and realizing I'll have to see it for another hundred or so papers. I bite my lip before starting the long process.

This is fine. Totally fine. Can't wait to do this everyday.

Is it the weekend yet?
~ ~ ~
I'm loving writing this story, just gonna say it. Also, can we just point out what a big mood y/n is? K, thanks.

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading! An edit of this story is going to be up on my edit account on Instagram tomorrow @mxltii._.edit if y'all wanna check that out!

Please continue to vote and comment to show me if you're enjoying this story (especially the stoic Mr. Holland and smily boi Mr. Osterfield 😉)

Alright, I'll catch you guys in the next part! Bye! <3

~Aidan