[13]

~𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?~

My routine starts the same. I wake up, get dressed, head to the coffee shop, then clock in. While I was getting Mr. Holland's coffee, I realized that the same man I saw yesterday was looking towards my direction. I tried ignoring him, but something seemed off and unsettling about him.

I make my way up to the top floor, taking a deep breath as I'm more exhausted today than I have been since starting this job at UK Casts. This is probably caused by the lack of sleep I got last night.

I remember the tossing and turning, the constant thoughts running through my mind of multiple scenarios that I wondered how I would deal with. All of those scenarios revolved around either Haz or Mr. Holland.

First, how I would get over this little crush on Haz and move on. I resulted that seeing how even just hearing about him lit Charlie up, that if they met and got together I would be forced to move on. I feel as if Charlie is more his type than I am anyway. I have to be forced out of the house and I stumble over my words and I'm a huge klutz which is the complete opposite of Charlie. I guess what they say about opposites attracting was true for our friendship.

Second, I thought of what I would do after Mr. Holland opens up to me. Would we be considered as friends? Would we hang out outside of work? Would something happen between us that neither of us thought was possible?

These questions, unanswered or answered, still flow through my mind while I make my way towards my office. I realize that I'm an over thinker and that I come up with the most bizarre things, but it is a part of my nature. Along with me being an introverted people watcher, I'm a huge over thinker and daydreamer.

I unlock my office door, turning the handle and entering the bright room. I set down the few things that I have before I begin my short walk to my boss' office. I clutch his coffee cup in my hand as those questions flood my mind again. Quite frankly, they give me a headache and I wish I could just push them away.

I place a soft knock on the door after letting out a silent sigh. "Come in, Miss y/l/n." That deep voice. It's so gentle. I close my eyes for a split second, imagining who I wished to see once I opened that door.

When I actually see who I imagined, my heart flutters and I struggle to keep myself upright. Standing by his window is Mr. Holland, his hands on his hips, his curls falling intricately over his forehead. But what surprises me the most is the small smile that seems to reminisce on something from a better time.

Sadly once his dark eyes land on my frail figure, the smile disappears and the red painted on my cheeks is washed away. "Your coffee, sir." I go to hand him his coffee, his hand brushing against mine like it has done a few times during this same exchange. My stomach seems to do flips and I try to suppress it as I know the only reason it's doing that is because he is acting like a normal human being.

For some reason I think that today will be different, that a simple thank you would slip from his lips, but I'm shut down yet again when he nods towards the door. As I leave the large office, I wonder what could have happened that brought a smile to his face and how I could possibly bring him back to that.

I have trust issues of my own, I think everyone does to an extent, but not like Mr. Holland. I don't immediately shut people down. I at least give them a chance.

I glance into Haz's office to see him writing, but not looking too busy. That's another difference between Mr. Holland and Haz. Haz always has his office door open unless he's on a call, making him seem so open and welcoming while Mr. Holland's door is always closed no matter what. I let out a deep sigh knowing I probably shouldn't do this, but right now nothing is holding me back.