[20]

~𝘙𝘦𝘥 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘵~

As we pull up to the front of the red carpet, I can hear camera shutters and hollers from the press, begging for answers to their nosey questions. My stomach does flips just by hearing the sound and I can't believe I'm actually at a red carpet.

I see the change in Tom's expression as he puts on the show that he displays for the cameras. His smile seems genuine, but because I've seen him really smile, this was the fakest one I've ever seen.

Steven and the other actor get out of the limo first, fixing their suit jackets as they begin to pose for the cameras. Next out were their agents and then Haz who reaches a hand out to help Abby get out of the limo.

The last ones to get out are Mr. Holland and I. "Go along with whatever I do." He places a hand on my knee, looking me right in the eyes. My breathing quickens and my cheeks become a light pink color. I mentally shake out of this trance and nods my head. He then removes his hand and puts back on the smile he had before and gets out of the car.

I take a deep breath, getting ready to drag myself out to be seen by paparazzi, confused slightly by what Mr. Holland said and what he could do that I would have to go along with.

All of a sudden, a hand reaches out. I place my small fingers into his palm as Mr. Holland helps me out of the limo. "Thank you." I give him a small smile and he simply nods, keeping up the charming act I presume.

I can see everything clearly now. The whole floor is red and there is a long strip of a makeshift paper wall covered in the logo for the awards gala.

Mr. Holland is still gripping gently onto my hand before he leans down slightly and presses his soft lips against the back of it. My cheeks grow warm almost immediately as I begin to hear his name shouted over and over again, cameras catching everything that just happened.

"Who is she?" "Miss, what's your name?" "Are you Tom Holland's new girlfriend?" Questions are shouted out at Mr. Holland and I. He simply looks at me, mouthing for me to stay quiet no matter what.

He nods over to where Abby is standing and I assume that's where the secretaries go to keep track of things without getting our photos taken.

"This is the most chaotic part of the night." Abby explains, almost having to shout so that I could hear her over the shouting. I don't even reply as my head is somewhere else, my thumb gently rubbing over the spot that Mr. Holland's lips touched.

In that moment it was like the time that stalker came to the office and Mr. Holland looked at me like I was going to break just by the slightest touch, or when we first went to the coffee shop together and I was afraid to go in because of what happened and he assured me nothing was going to go wrong.

When his lips touched my skin, it was that same tingling warm feeling of being safe and protected, but I know better than to assume it wasn't all part of the act.

"Y/n?" Abby asks, forcing me out of my trance. "Did you hear me?"

"Huh?" I ask, shaking my head slightly, trying to recall if she asked me anything.

"We're moving down the carpet along with Mr. Holland and Mr. Osterfield." She nods her head to the right and we begin to make our way past the photographers and paparazzi.

I look over to see Mr. Holland standing with a straight face on for the pictures, but he doesn't look cold or stern, he looks peaceful and handsome. I shake my head again. No, y/n! He's your boss, what the hell are you thinking?!

I take a deep breath and when I raise my eyes, I almost bump into someone. "So sorry!" I exclaim, trying to move out of the way, but the photographer turns to me with widened eyes.