[17]

~𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴~

The last few days have been pretty similar. Mr. Holland and I go to get the coffee, only sharing a few words together which was usually be trying to start a conversation and him shooting me down.

I was relieved when it was finally the weekend because I'd get some time to process. But then I remembered what would be happening in a week and where I'd have to go today when I got a text from Charlie.

I quickly throw some clothes on which was an old band t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts and white sneakers. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and brush my teeth just in time. Charlie's usual light knock comes from the front door and I practically run to open it.

I filled her in on all that happened with Mr. Holland and the coffee shop, especially after the first day because there were some moments that I thought I could see the real him. She had been super intrigued by the whole situation, just like I knew she would be.

She pulls me in for a quick hug before her body starts bopping up and down with excitement. "You should be going to this gala instead of me. You seem a lot more excited for it than I do." I say with a small laugh.

"I'm so excited because of the fact that you are going." She nudges my shoulder with a wide smile.

"Maybe you could try sharing that excitement? I'm just nervous from head to toe about it." I admit with trembling fingers. She grabs my hands in hers, shaking her head slightly.

"You just need to relax and realize how amazing of an opportunity this is and how it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! Enjoy it instead of dreading it." Her smile is contagious as I grow my own, taking a deep breath.

"You're right. You ready to go?" I ask, trying to grow my excitement and it's actually working.

"You know it!" She exclaims with a small chuckle.

Charlie drives us to an actual boutique for event dresses and I wonder how she could even find a place like this. It was in a part of town I've never really been in, so I've never seen it before.

"Come on, don't be nervous." She practically drags me into the store where a young woman is standing behind the front desk, fake plants everywhere I look.

"Do you ladies need any help finding something in particular?" She asks with the usual smile of clothing shop workers.

"My friend has an acting awards gala next Saturday. We were looking for something black and elegant?" Charlie speaks for me and I curl into myself.

"That sounds so fun! We have a whole section of long black gowns over there. Let me know if you need anything else." She says, pointing towards the section right near the dressing rooms.

"Thank you." I let out in a quiet voice. I'm usually not too shy, but when the attention is on me I definitely shrink.

Charlie pulls me towards the dresses, pulling out a ton of them simply because they were in my size. "Now, fashion show time!" She says, nodding towards the dressing rooms as my arms are full of long, silky dresses.

I come out in the first dress which had a high halter neckline and was a bit too long for me as I was tripping over it. Charlie shakes her head in disapproval. "Try another one."

I tried on about ten dresses before I found one that had me double checking the mirror to see if it was actually me. The dress was a perfect length, reaching slightly above the ground. The sleeves were off the shoulder and the neckline was a small v. There was even a slit reaching up to a little above my mid-thigh which surprisingly made me feel extremely confident.

I step out of the dressing room with a full on pose, sticking my leg out slightly so Charlie could see the slit. A gasp escaped her lips and I immediately start laughing.

I'm laughing not only because of her reaction, but because I really don't recognize myself in this dress. I know it's me, but it's a more confident and womanly me. I love this me.

"Yes, yes, and yes!" Charlie exclaims, standing up from the little couch sitting outside the dressing rooms. "Mr. Holland wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off you!"

My cheeks turn bright red and I look down at my feet. "I guess." I say with a quiet and nervous chuckle. I look at the price tag and my eyes widen. I'm glad that I got my first check from UK Casts or else I'd be doomed.

"So you're going with this one?" She asks, clasping her hands together in hopefulness.

"Yeah, I think so!" I can't help but jump up and down gently in my own excitement for the upcoming event that had me in a nervous breakdown just earlier this morning.

Charlie quickly takes a picture of me in the dress so I can send it to our group chat with the girls from work and they can see it before I take it off.

When we bring the dress up to the cashier, she smiles, looking from the dress to me then back to the dress. "This seems to suit you quite well, Miss." She gives me a wink, placing the dress in a bag and handing it to me.

"Thank you." I respond, giving a small wave as Charlie and I exit the boutique with linked arms.

I'm still nervous about the gala, but now I'm more excited than worried and that's a step in the right direction!

I send the picture to the group chat and replies immediately start popping up. "omg yes!" Elizabeth replies along with a heart eye emoji from Noelle and exclamation points from Abby.

"It's perfect for you, y/n, and you'll have every jaw dropping at that gala." Charlie gives me a wink before we get ready to head back to my flat.

I really hope I didn't go too crazy with this dress, but who cares! If I feel super confident in it and like I could rule the world, then it doesn't matter.
~ ~ ~
I wonder how everyone's going to react once they see y/n in that dress!

Sorry again for not posting frequently, I'm trying to make each chapter enjoyable so I hope it's working!

Alright I'm not quite sure what else to say other than to continue to comment and vote! Thank you guys so much for almost 2k reads, I'm seriously in awe!

Okay, I use too many exclamation points. Bye guys and I'll catch you in the next chapter <3

~Aidan