[22]

~𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯~

*Tom's POV*

Can she really not hold a single drink. I let out a long sigh, rolling my eyes. "Are you feeling alright, darling?" I put back on my act, placing a hand on her back.

"I think so. I just am going to go use the toilets." She says, her words blurring together.

"I'll go with you." Miss Abigail states, grabbing onto Miss y/l/n's arm tightly. She looks at me for a second before stumbling towards the restroom.

If she can't hold down a drink, she shouldn't have had one especially not at a major event like this. Now she's going to ruin my whole plan. I can already see the headlines and captions: Tom Holland's new mystery girl gets wasted at her first public event!

"Don't blame her, mate. I think someone tampered with her drink." Haz stares down at Miss y/l/n's glass with narrowed eyes.

"And who in this room would want to drug a secretary?" I ask bitterly while also trying to understand the situation. If y/n was drugged, whoever messed with her, messed with me. Not because she means anything to me, but because she is supposed to be giving me a bit of freedom through our little act.

"Maybe the one that has been obsessed with her since he first saw her." He nods his head over toward a group of people talking and my eyes narrow in on Mr. Steven Lancaster. His eyes were wandering toward Miss y/n all night, but why would be drug her?

"If he has some fancy towards Miss y/l/n, why would he want to drug her?" I roll my eyes. That doesn't sound like a very smart way to get her attraction.

"To take advantage of her." Haz states plainly. My eyes widen slightly in shock at the thought, but I shake it away.

Haz picks up the glass, the ice slowly melting inside. He shakes it slightly, moving the ice out of the way. His eyes seem to catch something and he scoffs at whatever it is. "Tom." He says, shoving the glass in my face.

He motions his finger to something on the side of the glass and in the dim lighting, I try and see whatever it is he is pointing to. I turn the glass slightly and my other hand clenches into a fist. I see small white specs lining the glass that couldn't have been because the glass was dirty.

"Abby said Steven was the one who handed Y/n the drink. She didn't see him mess with it, but no one else touched the glass." Haz explains and I can feel my face grow red with anger.

My eyes search to find him again, this time he seems to be looking around for someone in particular and I know exactly who that is. I get up from the table, leaving Haz and his whispering questions behind.

I come up from behind Steven, tapping his shoulder lightly. "Looking for someone?" I ask as he turns around, his eyes widening in surprise at seeing me.

"Oh! Mr. Holland, I wasn't expecting to see you. And yes, I was actually looking for your secretary. I believe she left her purse at the bar." Does this man take me for a fool?

"Miss y/l/n's bag is at our table, which would explain why there is also no purse in your hands at the moment." I state plainly, crossing my arms in front of me.

A few eyes wonder in our direction and I don't want to cause a scene in front of everyone, so I put on a smile and place a hand on his shoulder. "May I speak to you outside?" I ask. He reluctantly nods his head, visibly swallowing in nervousness.

Once we get out of sight, I lose the fake smile and roll up my sleeves. "I know what you did."

"Did what?" He asks, trying to sound confident and innocent. All it takes is for me the clench my fists and step towards him quickly for him to flinch.