[49]

~𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎~

Finally, the end of the day rolls around and even though I am terrified of what Steven could potentially do to me, I feel utterly safe knowing Tom will be by my side every minute of every day.

I dread going back to my apartment and packing all of my valuables and what I can fit for the next week because I hate packing, but I am ecstatic to call Tom's apartment "home" for a few days.

"Darling, are you ready to go?" Tom asks and I look at him in surprise for a few seconds. My surprise turns into awe as I see him leaning against the doorframe of my office, his suit jacket thrown over his shoulder and his toned body almost visible through his white button down. My heart skips a beat as I try to remember how to breathe. That's my man.

"I thought I was driving back to my place to get my things? I can't leave my car for an entire week." I point out, grabbing my things hesitantly as I want to just continue staring at him.

"I guess if Steven was to drive by and see your car here past hours, he'd know you weren't home." He says, his face becoming stern in thought. His jawline becomes more defined, his dark eyes narrow, and his nose scrunches as his mind begins to work.

"You want him to think I'm home?" I ask, trying to figure out what exactly he's trying to make the prick think.

"Then he wouldn't try to find you at mine or Haz's place." All of a sudden his eyes widen in slight worry.

"Charlie. Does Steven know anything about her?" He asks and then I begin to worry. What if Steven uses Charlie to get to me which will ultimately lead him to get to Tom?

"No, but if he stalked my social media, he'd see her in almost all of the pictures." Now both of our minds were racing to try and figure out a solution. "Would it be too early in their relationship to have her stay with Haz?" I think out loud and Tom looks at me with an expression that tells me he was thinking the same thing.

"I'll tell him what's going on tonight and our worry for her and see what he does. He'll figure something out if it would be too uncomfortable for them. We don't have to solve every problem." He lets out a soft sigh of a chuckle and I return it with a smile.

"Now that that is figured out, what about my car?" I ask and again that thinking expression finds a home on Tom's face. He brings a hand up to brush the loose curls away from his eyes which causes me to have to relearn how to breath all over again.

"Well, you can drive home to pack. I'll follow you and head inside with you, then leave your car in the parking lot. I'll just drive you back to our place." He didn't even hesitate in calling his penthouse "our place" and my entire body tingled at those words with excitement.

"That sounds like a good plan." I say as I grab my keys to lock up and we head out on our way.

The car ride was peacefully quiet as I rolled my windows down, listening to the sounds of the city and the speed-induced wind. I wasn't even slightly nervous of Steven being in my apartment, partially because he would have had to go through a lot of trouble in finding my address, but mostly because Tom was going to be right behind me the whole time.

I pulled into my usual spot, Tom pulling up next to me in his fancy black sports car which looked so out of place in the apartment complex with the street lights all flickering, on the verge of losing power. Before I could open my door, Tom was standing next to the driver's side, gripping the handle in his hands.

We made our way up to my flat, Tom never letting go of my hand until we reached my door. His hands formed into fists as he unlocked and flew open the door. One hand was at the ready for a punch, while the other was behind him so he knew I was there. When he flicked on the lights, nothing was disturbed and there was no sign anyone was in my apartment, so we both relaxed, simultaneously sighing.

It didn't take long for me to pack the things I needed, and quite frankly, I just wanted out of there. I couldn't wait to have a little taste of what it would be like to be with Tom every day. Tom was also a big help, going through my closet and holding things out asking, "This one? It looks lovely on you," or, "This would look awesome on me, really brings out my eyes."

The whole process went by a lot quicker than we both thought and we were back on the road by 6:15. My bag of things fit perfectly in his small trunk and all of the delicate and valuable things I owned rode up front in my lap.

By 6:40, we made it to our place. There was a new sensation coming over me as we walked towards the doors. I held the bag of fragile items in one hand while Tom slings my other bag over his shoulder, our free hands holding onto each other.

He uses his back to push open the door, not even giving a glance to the receptionist at the marble counter who gave me the dirtiest look I've ever received. I give her a warm smile which causes her to scowl even more. This is gonna be fun.

We head up the elevator to the top floor which belongs completely to him and that still catches me off guard. "Where should I put my things?" I ask, hoping he'll say in his room. Tom turns to face me after throwing his things on the counter of the kitchen which is one of the first open rooms on this floor.

A small smile forms on his lips as his eyes meet mine. "There's a guest room down the hall, but my room is a bit more comfortable don't you think?" He asks. My cheeks still blush fiercely. He always seems to know how to make me speechless. I simply nod my head with a small exasperation.

I take my little bag of treasures, grabbing my bigger bag from Tom so he can get settled. "What do you think you're doing?" He asks while I head towards the stairs. "Give me that." He adds, taking back the bag and heading up the stairs.

"I can carry my own bags, Tom." I let out a soft sigh, chuckling. He doesn't respond, determined to make it up to the room without me stealing back my bag.

His long legs make it up the stairs much quicker than mine and when I enter his room, my bag is placed on the bed and he's already unbuttoning his dress shirt.

I've seen him do this quite a few times now, but it never gets any easier to not admire how long God took sculpting him. I let out a silent sigh, biting my lip as I turn away from him to grab some pajamas from my bag.

Once I find some pajama shorts and a matching shirt to wear, I start to undress, as well. As my shirt hits the ground, I feel strong arms wrap around my waist from behind and warm, bare skin pressing against my back.

"You're so unbelievably beautiful." Tom whispers into my ear, his voice surprisingly deep. Again, my cheeks burn up with passion and longing.

I let out a little giggle, turning my neck slightly so I could kiss him. He leaned down to meet my lips, his warm fingertips tickling my rib cage. The moment is ruined by a ping from my phone telling us that Charlie and Haz were going to be here in about five minutes.

We both let out sighs of disappointment before throwing on our pajamas and Tom let's me know he's going to get dinner started and to get comfortable.

There was no need for me to get comfortable because I already was. Leaving here in a week would be a lot harder than I had ever imagined.
~ ~ ~
Me getting all the feels from something I wrote because I'm lonely af? Haha no way!

I hope y'all are enjoying the story, even if some of the chapters are a bit short!

Sorry for making you guys wait so long for this chapter! Hope it was worth the wait ;)

Catch y'all in the next chapter <3

~Aidan