[9]

~𝘌𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱~

For the first time in what seems like forever, I have the whole day to myself. I take this opportunity to sleep in and I wake up at around ten in the morning gaining an extra two hours of sleep.

My phone rings shortly after I wake up, my hair falling in front of my face messily. "Hey." I answer Charlie's FaceTime call with a groggy voice and her eyes widen at my appearance.

"Wow, you really let yourself go." She lets out a laugh and I notice she's already done up for the day. I simply shrug my shoulders while taking a sip from my coffee mug.

"We're going to the mall today to get you some more outfits for work. You can't wear the same three outfits everyday!" There's Charlie. She's always thinking ahead and what others think of me for me and I don't mind one bit. She's probably the only reason I'm not a couch potato at the moment.

"Can't I just match my different blouses with my different skirts?" I ask, desperation in my voice. I don't feel like getting ready to go anywhere. It's a not brushing my hair kind of day.

"Nope. I'm coming over in an hour, you better be ready by then." She warns with a playful smirk before hanging up, not giving me any other choice than to go. I let out a sigh while slightly laughing. Guess I have to not be lazy today.

I take the hour Charlie gives me to get into a comfortable outfit, yet something I wouldn't feel like a fool in while in the more fancy stores, and do something with the mess I call hair.

By the time she gets here I'm completely ready and I can't believe I went from looking like a potato sack to an actually person. "Ready?" She asks after grabbing a water bottle from my fridge.

"Yeah. Let's just go in and then get out." I'm somewhat worried I'm going to see someone I don't want to while I'm there and that person may or may not be Mr. Holland.

"Why are you already in a rush, y/n? C'mon let's go have some fun!" She nudges me and gives a friendly wink which I know means I need to build up my enthusiasm.

"Okay, fine." A smile forms on my lips. There's nothing to be worried about.

Once we get to the mall, we visit a new store that we didn't check out earlier. "How do these look?" Charlie asks as she holds up a pair of cat eye sunglasses. Her face all of a sudden looks two times smaller and I can't help but laugh.

"Maybe not the best style." I admit and when she looks at herself in the mini mirror, she laughs along and agrees while putting the glasses back.

"Maybe we should just go check out the place we already know." Charlie suggests.

"I'm thinking that it might be our best bet." Even though I don't want to go anywhere other than back home, I think that getting at least another blouse wouldn't be a bad idea.

"Alright, then let's go!" The amount of excitement that can build up in Charlie to this day astonishes me. She grips my wrist and practically runs out of the store.

"Charlie, slow down!" I exclaim through laughter while she drags me towards the mall escalator.

"Sorry." She says, laughing through her excited bouncing. I pull my nude colored cardigan up over my shoulder with a smile as we get ready to enter the store.

A welcome is heard from one of the employees walking by and Charlie leads me over towards the blouse section.

"This could be cute!" She pulls out a pale pink button up blouse, bringing it up towards me. Her eye catches a matte maroon type colored pencil skirt with a matching jacket and she silently squeals in excitement.