That Was Then This Is Now

Empty words and fabricated lies.

Pointing fingers of blame.

Walking away when problems arise.

Not talking for several days.

Claims of being a best friend.

But actions that test those words.

Turning their back and verbal attacks.

That's not what being a friend should be.

Seeing only the wrong in others.

What happened to excepting each other for good or bad?

All the memories we had from the past.

Friends forever didn't last long for you.

A disagreement and your gone.

Walked away saying we aren't friends anymore.

Shutting the door on the trust we built.

People like that just use and move on.

Im glad your gone.

Your selfish ways and lies.

I tried so many times.

Wanting to talk all our problems out.

Feeding me false lines with your fake apology.

Your toxic like a venomous snake.

For my sake and piece of mind I agreed it's past time to say good bye.

( Oni1303 part)

We were such good friends you and I, we were closer then most, shared thought and emotions deeper then that of the trenches but it appears even that had to end, eventually what we had was punched to the brink, I fought to keep you around day in and day out but I realized one day that what I was fighting for was someone who says they care but will push me to the dirt every chance they got, I don't regret anything, you call me toxic yet you've never looked in the mirror. Another, closer then family, swore you'd always have our backs but you hurt both me and her more and more, forgot your place and ruined everything we ever had, I wished nothing but good for you and you turned back and spit in my face the venom of your words. I laugh at those you choose to turn away from the things we've built, it hurt to know they've chosen that path but it's funny knowing that eventually they will shove themselves into a corner and no one will have their back, and when they come crawling back I will send them away, not because I don't care about them, but because I won't allow them to burn me ever again.

----------------------------------------------
Do not repost, edit, or copy our poetry. It belongs to us.

Feel free to post your opinion and thoughts on our poem.