Wanna know a secret?

"Wanna know a secret of mine?" He said. I looked at him and nodded.

"Layla is not my biological sister."

"Huh?"

"My mother died when I was two years old. Layla is the daughter of my father's assistant. She died in a car accident. Layla was only one and a half years old at that time so my father took her in. And Kendall is not only my sister, but she is also my mother. When my mom died, my dad was broken. She became the strength of dad and my mother. And when Layla came, she became her mother also. She is the pillar of this House."

"How did your mother died?"

"She died of cancer. And you know nobody could make Layla sleep except for Kendall. When she went to New York for further studies Layla would cry every night. And every night Ken would video chat and tell her a story to make her sleep. But you, you made her sleep on your first day here. Layla really loves you." I smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Is it because of that night that you pushed Jaxon away?" He asked.

"Yes. After she died I shut myself from everyone even from my dad. I locked myself in her room. Jaxon would come to talk to me but I didn't let him in. I went to school but never talk to anyone, not even Jaxon. He tries to talk to me but I push him away."

"Aubri, don't push him away. I know he cares about you. And what happened to Duncan?"

"He was sent to jail for murder charges."

"Anyway it's already very late, let's go to sleep." We cuddled each other and fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up at 9:37 a.m. I freed myself from Zaden's while and went to the bathroom to do my regular routine.

Today Maria would not come because her husband has fallen sick. I thought of making fried eggs, sausages, bacon and coffee. I opened the cabinet and there was no coffee powder. Even there was no bacon in the fridge. I thought of going to the supermarket to buy some products. I took my purse and my scarf and went off. I hope to come home before Zaden wakes up.

I brought the products that I would need and started for home. There were not many people on the road. I was passing by an alley when a hand enclosed my mouth and pulled me into the alley. My phone and scarf fell from my hand and I blacked out.

Zaden P.O.V.

I woke and reached for Aubri but she was not there. I know she was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. I freshened up and went downstairs to the kitchen but it was empty. The open cupboard tells that she was here. I went towards the cabinet and saw that coffee powder was out of stock. Probably she would be in the supermarket, I thought. After some minutes I was worried because the supermarket is not that far from my house.

I went to the supermarket and asked the lady in the cash counter if Aubri was there. She told me that Aubri was there but left half an hour ago. I was worried sick about her. I started for home.

When I was passing an alley I saw a scarf lying on the floor. I picked it up and beneath it lay a phone. Not any phone, Aubri's phone. At that moment I know Aubri is in danger.

I went home and started to think about what must have happened.

"Hey duffer, we are back," Ken said cheerfully while coming in the living room.

"What happened zade?" Dad asked seeing my face.

"I can't find Aubri," I said.

"What do you mean by you can't find Aubri?" Ben asked with concern. Over these days, ben and Aubri had developed a relationship of brother and sister. I told them everything and showed them her scarf and phone.

"Wait, let me call Frathe," dad said. Frathe is my father's friend and a police commissioner.

"He said that he would try his best to find her," dad said after his phone call.

"I hope that she is okay, " Ken said.

"She has to be," I said under my breath.