Shifting

Next morning, I woke up before my alarm because I have to pack my bags. I thought of first packing my clothes then after coming from school I will pack other necessities. By the time I finished packing it was already 7:30. I took a quick shower and got ready for school. My outfit consists of a sweatshirt and jeans.

I went downstairs but didn't found my father in the kitchen but I found a tray of food and a note beside it

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I went downstairs but didn't found my father in the kitchen but I found a tray of food and a note beside it. It read

"Don't even try to step out of this house without having breakfast"

I was shocked who threat his own daughter. I finished breakfast and went to his room and saw him packing his bag. On sensing my presence, he looked towards me and smiled.

"Dad, I am going to school."

"Ok bye"

"Bye."

I put on my sneakers and left my house. On reaching school, I went to my locker and took my books for first class. I went towards history class.

After that, it was painting and the next one was chemistry. Something unexpected happened in chemistry.

I was sitting in my usual seat doing some work when the chair beside me scraped. I turned and saw Zaden.

Zaden's P.O.V.

I was frustrated I can't get the mystery girl out of my head. It's like she made a new home in my head. Yesterday I didn't get any other class with her.

Today, when I reached school I couldn't see her in the hallway. I had hope that I would surely meet her. By the time I walked in my third class my hope was crushed. I looked at the back and saw her. I walked towards her with a stupid grin on my face. I pulled the chair and sat beside her. She turned and looked at me. We held each other gaze until the teacher came.

Aubri's P.O.V.

"Okay, class today I would be giving you an assignment and you have to do it with your partner. And I'll be choosing your partner," the teacher said.

I hate this, not the assignment but the part that we have to do it with a partner.

She started calling them names and told them their assignment.

"Aubri and Zaden." And she gave us our assignment.

"Class, you all will discuss your assignments with your partner later on", she said when the class started to make noise.

When the class ended, I grabbed my backpack and left the class.

"Hey, mystery girl" I heard someone calling behind me. I didn't stop to see who was calling and went towards my locker. Soon Zaden came beside me and asked, "Where do you live?"

"Huh?" I stopped walking and turned towards him.

"Where do you live?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because... don't take it that way. I asked so that we can work in the assignment together."

I don't know why but I had the sudden urge to roll my eyes.

"So, where do you live?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know where you live?"

"I mean you say I am shifting and moreover we can do the work after school in the library."

"As you wish" and he went away.

~~~~

I went home and saw my father wearing formal attire sitting on the couch with two suitcases beside him.

"Dad."

"Oh, you came, have you pack your bags?"

"Yes, but still some packing is left."

"Ok, go and do it."

I did as he said and soon came downstairs with my bags.

He helped me to load the bags in the trunk of the car. After that, he went to lock the front door and I seated myself in the passenger seat. He came and we drove to his friend's house.

When we reached the house he parked the car in front of the door and turned towards me.

"I know you are not comfortable with this. If you want you can come with me."

"Dad I am okay with this. Now let's go in before you change your mind and drag me with you."

He unloaded my bags and rang the bell. The door was opened by a man. He was my father's age but still looked younger than my father. He hugged my father and turned toward me.

"You must be Aubri, right?"

"Yes, sir."

"I am Mike Cohen. But you can call me Mike."

The surname ring a bell in my head but I couldn't remember where I heard it.
Mike escorted us to the living room.

"Mike my flight would be in an hour," my father said.

"But dad you said your flight is at 9 p.m.
Now is only 6:15."

"My flight has been rescheduled."

"Oh."

"Mike I want to talk to you privately.

"Ok. Wait for a second," he said then he called " Zade."

After a few minutes, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I looked towards the stairs and saw Zaden coming down while scrolling on his phone. I looked away before he could see me staring at him. I looked from the corner of my eyes and saw him standing in the midst of the stairs.

My day couldn't be gotten any worse.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
You Changed Me✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें