Accident

Zaden P.O.V.

I went in and there was dad lying on the hospital bed with tubes connected to him. It seems like he was sleeping. Beside him was Ken holding his hand. "Zade, see dad is not waking. Please tell him to wake up, " Kendall said while crying. It's the first time I saw her crying after our mother's death.

I couldn't walk towards him. It felt like my feet has been glued to the spot. My vision is not clear due to unshed tears. I couldn't find my voice.

"What happened?" I asked after finding my voice.

"His car's brake failed and he crashed with another car. The driver of the other car died on the impact and dad has broken three ribs and went to coma. Doctors couldn't tell for how many days he'll be in a coma. It can be one week, one month or one year, " Ken said between sobs. I don't know how much time I was standing near the door looking at my dad's motionless body.

"Excuse me but the visiting hours have ended, " a nurse informed us. "But any two people can stay with the patient, " she said and checked the machines.

"Zade you and Aubri go home, me and Ben would stay," she said after the nurse left.

"Are you sure? Aubri and I would stay outside the room, " I told her.

"No, go home. Layla should be waiting for you. She doesn't know about this and doesn't tell her. If she insists about dad tell her he went on a business trip. Besides, you two should rest, " ken said. I nodded at her, then exited the room and rook Aubri with me towards the car.

"Where is Layla?" I asked Maria when we reached home. The ride from the hospital to home was filled with silence. "She is in her room. I tried to make her sleep but she didn't listen to me. Aubri, you go and try. She always listens to you," Maria said. Aubri nodded at her and went upstairs.

"Maria, listen to me dad got in an accident..."

"What?" She cut me off.

"Don't make a noise. Just listen to me don't let Layla know this. If she insists tell her that dad went on a business trip. Ok?"

"Yes sir."

"You can go now," I said and sat in the living room after switching on the T.V. to a random channel.

"I've made her sleep, " Aubri said while descending the stairs. She sat beside me while maintaining some distance between us. We sat in silence staring at the T.V. which was showing teleshopping.

"I think we should go to sleep. After all, we should go to the hospital early morning so that Been and Ken can come home and take some rest, " she said breaking the silence.

"Yes, sure, " I said and stand up. I took one step then suddenly I lost my balance and fell back on the couch.

"Ouch!" I said while holding my left ankle.

"Are you okay?" Aubri asked worriedly.

"No, I think I have sprained my left ankle, " I said.

"Wait, let me bring an ice pack, " she said and went to the kitchen. She returned with an ice pack. She holder it on my sprained area for some time.

"Better?" She asked.

"Little," I replied.

"Can you take me to my room?" I asked.

"Yes, " she said and flung my right arm on her shoulder. We reached my room and she helped me to lay on my bed.

"I should leave now, " she said and turned around to go. I held her wrist to stop her.
"Stay, " I pleaded.

"But..."

"Please."

"Ok, " she said followed by a sigh.

I made some space for her to lay. She laid down beside me and we fell asleep.

Aubri P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up and felt someone cuddling me. And the 'someone' is Zaden. The events of last night come back to me. I looked at the alarm clock and it showed 6:55. I looked at Zaden and it was a cute sight. He was sleeping with his mouth open.

"Zaden wake up we should go to the hospital," I said and tried to remove his arm from me

"Five more my utes, " he said sleepily and tighten his hold on me.

"Aubri and Zaden sleeping together, " Layla said from the door. The door was open because I didn't get the chance to close it yesterday.

This caught Zaden's attention and he looked at me with wide eyes. "I thought it was a dream, " he whispered but since I was close to him I heard it.

"What?"

"Huh...Nothing."

"We should get ready."

"Yes sure."

"Are you going somewhere?" Layla asked.

"Yes, we're going to..." Zaden didn't find the appropriate word to tell her so I chirped in "Libray."

"Library? Yeah, library. We are going to the library," zaden said.

"Ok," Layla said and went away.

We got ready and went to the hospital and Ben and Ken went home. It was decided that I and Zaden would stay in the hospital from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Benjamin and Kendall would stay for the rest of the time.

 and Benjamin and Kendall would stay for the rest of the time