❃ Chapter Two - Lie

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

One book. Four hundred pages and more. Over one hundred thousand words of descriptive adventure, love and... teenage romance. All the casual, young adult cliche many of the nowadays under twenty y.o. girls were so captured by.

From the bad boy falling in love with the good girl who had a troubling family situation, to the greek gods happening to appear at dinner and tell her she was Hades' daughter.

Pathetic, I know. But what could I say? It was my type of literature. Mostly since I wasn't a fan of the medieval romance we used to read for our college classes. Or... other books that didn't completely peak my interest.

Sure, I read them, but it was for the grades. Nothing more. Now this... this pathetic complete cliche with a happy ending and amazing outcome was my type of book. Those romantic gestures done by the rough, bad boy disliked by every one, only to impress the sweet virgin who barely bashed an eyelid at his sight. And then, there was the struggle with the third parties who tried to part them, the irreplaceable highschool drama.

No sexual scenes. Regardless my age, I didn't like books with sex. I liked the romantic stuff, the real stuff with subtle real life issues, not the sexual chemistry that shifted into love. That was bullshit!

Sexual chemistry like that wasn't real. It was like love at first sight and everyone knew how love at first sight ended if you read Shakespeare. Even if the couple didn't get each other killed, love at first sight was a passing emotion, something that didn't last and always ended badly, no happily ever afters. Like sexual chemistry. Couple of days at least, more I couldn't give it, even if I believed in it.

This soft romance with sweet gestures was what clasped my heart and held it in a hard grip. It was all I wanted to live for. All... I would have been prepared to give myself for.

As my eyes darted to my phone on the nightstand besides my bed, my gaze grew shrewd. My lips pursed in a tight line, my hands drawing the book shut across my lap.

And yet... I didn't have part of that romance. Because reality was... rocky relationships were more existent than that beautiful romance.

"Jesus, this is too much," I muttered, throwing the covers from my knees. Wearing the flannel pajama bottoms done in a plaid design of black and red and blue, the white t-shirt I refused to change out of since two nights ago, I swung my feet to the edge and stared at the floor.

Brown wood in countless shades, darker and lighter was displayed under the black skeleton of my stiff bed. Even with the thousand pillows I had insisted on having, the mattress was still stiff, and honestly I loved it. Only cause I got used to it.

Balancing myself on my feet, staring down at the wool socks covering my toes and heels, keeping me warm even out of bed. My stare slowly rose around the messy landscape of my bedroom. Clothes thrown everywhere, books and papers and plates almost on every desk, covering the color of the wood. My shirts were hanging on the door from the closet, a trail of more dirty clothes even going into the bathroom.

What a mess...

Rubbing my brow, I dropped the book in the black sheets and made my way into the loo. The thought of a shower passed my mind as I stopped in front of the mirror. Dark circles around black pits of darkness that were my eyes. Big, black irises surrounded by white to the point of skin. Almost chubby cheeks pointed out the high cheekbones, pouty shaped lips, fuller the upper one than the lower one. Broad forehead covered by a natural glow on rosy skin, no makeup. Blond, red and brown waves surged past my shoulders, thick and greasy from the last time I had washed.