Chapter 8-

Chapter 8-

"So I was thinking, maybe we could ditch Noa's party this Saturday and go to Karen's instead. Why? Because Luke is going to be there, that's why! You know I have a thing for someone like him!"

"London could you quiet down? I'm trying to do my homework," I whispered as I looked over to where she was sitting from the living room. I had homework laid out on the table as I was trying to solve Mr.Martin's homework question since I got home from work around nine thirty. 

I was tired and she was not helping at all.

It was a Thursday night and it didn't help that I still had so much due the next day as well. 

She glared at me as she took her cell phone away from her ears and covered it with her newly painted red nails.

"Well go to your room and do it there. I was here first," she growled before going back to her conversation.

It's been a few days since London came home after her long absence and she's been more...annoying than ever. 

She has started this trend where she would come home for a few days (or a few hours) and then never resurface for a few days. The only time I know if she's alive or not was based solely on her text messages and that was it. Other than that, the house was empty with only me being there at night.

I haven't even seen her do any homework since school started and it was already mid October to begin with as well.  More specifically, it's already October 14th and she still has not started any studying to prep with the upcoming tests she would have to do to graduate and get accepted for a good college as well. 

Mom hasn't been much help either since she's barely home as well now. 

London sat next to me, her hair was curled and it look like she just went out of a salon. She was wearing a pink tank top that showed way too much even though she's at home with me along with her white shorts. Unlike me, who was in sweatpants and hoodie, she actually looked like she's going to some fancy sleep over party.

I sighed in annoyance before I do what she suggested. 

I'm not in the mood to argue with her. 

How I wish my old younger sister would come back already. I missed her watching scary movies with me at night and we would gossip until late at night together. I missed her baking cookies and asking me to eat it with her in the middle of the night so we would get fat together.

I didn't know who this stranger was in front of me. 

This London was different.

She was mean, she was bossy, she dressed...different.

She always had to win every argument with me as well.

 I dumped my books and notebooks into my bag and make my way to my room. When I got inside my room I was greeted with silence.

Finally, some peace and quiet.

I looked at the clock on my wall. 

I couldn't believe it's almost ten and I still was stuck on the first question of my homework for about an half an hour already.

People told me that senior year is easy...

I could say otherwise. 

I opened the window and stuck my head out as I took a deep breath while looking up at the sky. It was a bit gloomy so I was disappointed when I couldn't see the stars at all. Although I could see the moon, that was it. 

I took a few more deep breath before laying my books out on the table and decided to study instead of doing homework as I would just ask for help from someone in the morning before class started.